1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the dif? Loewe Aconda 9281/9381/9581

Discussion in 'TVs' started by cerebros, May 29, 2003.

1. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'm still mulling over whether to go for the Mimo or an Aconda I ideally I'm looking for a 28" set, but the Mimo 28 seems to be down-specced compared to the 32" - no component through option, only 2 scarts, only 1 of them RGB plus a few processing modes not included.

This puts me back into looking at the 32" Loewes. Thing is, i'm not sure if there's any actual difference between the 9281 / 9381 / 9581 versions other than the stands and the remotes (if i'm reading Loewe's site correctly). Is this correct, or are there differences such as the tube used? Anything that affects PQ and geometry?

2. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mate

I have the same problem as you! The Loewe website is brief at best and model specs on the site are well known for being incorrect.

From the bits of information i have been able to pick up the 9281 uses a Toshiba tube and hence the price reduction. The 9381 uses a Philips tube and from what i here has the edge over the Toshiba but this may just be down to personal taste. I dont think that the two models differ in their picture processing features as they both use the same MediaPlus chassis.

3. Badger

Badger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think it breaks down like this

9281 - some of them have Toshiba tubes and some Philips tubes, the case is different (meatal speak grill/less glossy finish)
    9382 - all have Philips tubes, glossy finish
    9581 - as 9381 but with the DD card and a subwoofer/stand

Phil

4. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    What tube does the Mimo have?

Is there that much of a difference between the Philips tube used the in higher number Aconda's and the Toshiba tube apparently used in som of the 9281 Aconda's?