1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the deal with the Pio PDP435?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Wild Rumpus, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Wild Rumpus

Wild Rumpus
    Standard Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Like most other folks who are looking to buy a Plasma screen I have read all the reviews and I am now near to making a purchase. From the reviews that I have read and from some of the posting on the forum the Pioneer PDP435XDE was a front runner. However, I just haven't seen a decent picture on one yet. I don't expect Comet to be able to show the best that the screen is capable of, but in my local Sevenoaks using an HDMI output from a Denon DVD player and showing Finding Nemo - I still thought that it looked a bit grainy. On lesser DVDs the solarisation was very off putting too. Also, in JL this weekend, the 435FDE looked considerably worse than the LG, Philips and Loewe screens that surrounded it and all were being fed an identical feed.
    So what is the deal? Is there a large variation between samples on the Pio 435s, or is the screen set up more critical than on most other screens. Or am I sensitive to what this screen gets wrong and bild to what it is good at?