1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the deal with the KV32FX66?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by unreality, Dec 8, 2002.

1. unreality

unreality
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am after a new TV but it has to be from Comet as I am using £600 of vouchers which I got through my extended warranty after my TV broke down.

I am considering the Sony KV32FX66 and the JVC AV-32R250EKS. But I have been told by a friend who was also after a KV32FX66 that he saw it in a store and the glass panel was knackered, and the price was only £788. The assistant told him thats how he would recieve the TV, and that Sony has discontinued the TV because of the glass panel and it's liability to breaking. Is the TV worth buying at this price, even with a knackered glass panel? And has anybody else experienced this?

I have also considered a rear projection TV such as the Toshiba 42PW23P, but from what I have seen of Rear-pro TVs in the past, the picture isn't too good, and it's very dark when the sunlight is shining on it? Is this the case these days? Does the picture match a flatscreen 'glass' TV?

Also, if I found the TV I want cheaper online would Comet price match?

Thanks for any advice, I need to act quickly as the expiry deadline is within this coming week.

2. RichB14

RichB14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Sounds like comet talking out their behinds again sony have only released this tv this year and the latter part of it at that.

3. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +507
    Hi,

I have the glass door cabinet and if you put it together properly and DONT smash it about then its fine.

Like anything you dont treat it with respect or smash the glass door up and door its gonna break.

Its a sh*t hot cabinet and a fine TV!!

Dal:eek:

4. CarlosTheJackel

CarlosTheJackel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its only come out recently, in-fact my local comet still has the FX65 on show:rolleyes: You get a choice of 2 stands, the glass panel one and the open style that comes with most Sonys.

5. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Its the open stand from the dx40 that they can supply .

The Sony centre don't seem to like the glass panel stand either ;) :)

6. unreality

unreality
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies but I could do with further info on the other questions I had..so many views yet so few replies :(

Thanks to those that did reply though. I have to buy the TV tomorrow evening and I'm still undecided lol

BTW There is a possibility my mate got this TV mixed up with another, is there another Sony TV with the glass panel? The card on the TV said it was 'designer' or something which I guess links into the glass panel. Still the same TV?

7. RichB14

RichB14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Totally different tv the Designer model has sort of mini legs built on to the bottom of the tv which connect to the stand, so with out the proper stand it looks pants. I think that model has been discontinued though.

8. unreality

unreality
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn, so I was thinking about the wrong TV..oh well I have some new considerations now, and I think that I will NEED 100Hz as I don't want to spend almost £1k and not get 100Hz..

Now considering either the Sony KV-32LS60, or Thomson 32WF401G or Thomson 32WX411T (yet I can't see a difference between these two) or possibly the PHILIPS 32PW8717,Any advice anyone? I need to buy it later on :eek:

9. jackal_jd

jackal_jd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is wrong with the FX66? That has advanced 100Hz

10. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +507
    Hi,

The Sony KV-32LS60 is the older model, the FX66 has only been out a few months at that and has more features then the FX65 or KV-32LS60.

Infact If you get a good one (which i have) you would be pushed to find a better picture, but thats just my view everyone is different.

At the end of the day only you can choose a TV which is right for you and your viewing needs.

Dal :eek:

11. unreality

unreality
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like the Sony KV32FX66 but I cannot see it on the Comet website and therfore it might not be instrore at Comet. :( I have tried calling them but it's useless it just says all the agents are busy so try later. If I could get the KV32FX66 from Comet I would hope to get them to Price match by telling them that it is only £994.59 at the qed-uk site with free delivery. Would using the vouchers towards the purchase affect whether Comet, or Barclaycard will price match/refund me the difference?

The expiry date is tomorrow, but I'm going tonight just in case. knowing my luck the car would break down tomorrow or something.

12. unreality

unreality
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BTW I notice that on the Sony site the TV is called KV32FX66TNS.U but on www.unbeatable.co.uk it is called KV32FX66X30S - is this the same TV or not? The picture on the unbeatable site doesn't have the glass panel, but as mentioned in this thread before a different stand can be supplied..

Ah all this is confusing! :confused:
    :mad:

13. jackal_jd

jackal_jd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here is the 28incher model:
    http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/297_851087.html

they should have the 32?

14. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    the kv32fx66x30s has a two shelf open stand the other tnsu or whatever is the glass fronted one shelf stand .......i've got the open stand and it looks great

15. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +507
    Hi,

They may not have them on the website, but they have them in my local store as i gave it a good test before i ordered mine!!

Let us know how you get on!!

Dal :rolleyes: