1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the deal with EIV

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by daninthemix, Dec 16, 2002.

1. daninthemix

daninthemix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to whether EIV Region 2 releases of films contain incoherant, compressed, and very un-detailed sound mixes compared with the Region 1 versions?

I have read some stuff about this before (and I know LOTR sounds awful on R2), but many of the threads seem to concentrate on video quality and extras rather than sound quality.

2. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have quite a few EIV DVDs and I never noticed anything particularly wrong with the sound compared to other R2s.
    And I haven't read any reviews that lead into that direction either.
    What's wrong with LOTR UKR2?
    We all know it has less bass, but that's just due to the Pal speedup and pitchcorrection.

3. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dunno about the sound on Blade 2, but the box was an awful affair. It made me weep, it had space for 4 discs, as long as you did not mind them getting all scratched and bent out of shape. It was worth buying just to show people and watching the colour drain from their faces.

4. Mr Cheese

Mr Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Good, it's not just me then...
    I watched Goldmember last night. The DTS track lacked detail and definition. The DD track wasn't much better. For a disc that boasts both DD 6.1 and DTS 6.1 it certainly ranks in the could do better pile....

Mr Cheese

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    EIV are just like anyone else. Some regions are good, some are bad. As always, best to compare regions before you buy.

6. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It's been said before EIV have alot of faults. Packaging is one of them but the video and audio masters are done by Newline in the US so any complaints with that are down to them. All Newline/EIV releases are remastered for home Cinema use was as a most other companys aren't. This coule be what your hearing.