What's the Crossover on AVR200?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hi_robb, Nov 12, 2004.

Tags:
  1. hi_robb

hi_robb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi folks,

Got my AVR200 earlier lastnight and as I have the KEF Egg mkII speaker system set the speakers to small in the menus. Reading through the manual, I noticed at the speaker management part it mentioned speakers which went below 100hz should be set to large.

The kefs go to 80hz.

Should I therefor set the speakers to large in the setup menus? I can't find where to adjust the crossover so I presume its fixed, what's it fixed at? I also thought that on the avr200 the crossover was adjustable?

Just slightly confused as the kef manual says to set to small, but I presume that the kef manual assumes a 80hz crossover is set.

Tia

Dave

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    DO NOT SET THE SPEAKERS TO LARGE IF YOU ARE USING KEF EGGS, YOU WILL BREAK THEM.

You should really only set the speakers settings to large if they are full range speakers and can comfortably go down towrds 20Hz or thereabouts which very few can. The crossover on the AVR200 is most likely set to 80Hz and can't be changed.