• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Whats the correct method of HDMI connection for YSP-3300 ?

RRgasman

Standard Member
Just purchased a new Samsung Smart TV and decided to invest in the Yamaha YSP-3300. The guy who sold me the TV said to connect the 3300 via an optical cable to the TV and that all devices should be coonected to the TV.

The guy who sold me the 3300 said the sky box, blu ray player and Apple TV should all be connected to the 3300 HDMI connections.

I ended up connecting all HDMI to the TV it works but Im not sure if it would be better to connect every thing to the 3300 ?:confused:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Since it is only a soundbar it will not make any real difference between the 2 methods.
If you had a surround sound system with AVR then you would connect all sources direct to the AVR via HDMI since this is the only way to get HD audio from blurays.

RRgasman

Standard Member
Thanks for that.

It was just that when reading the 3300 instructions it mentioned that you could view settings on the TV screen, but with everything wired to the TV this does not work ?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I was looking at it from a sound quality view. If you want an on screen display then you will need to connect a video lead from the soundbar to the TV. The best way to do this is hdmi with all devices to soundbar and soundbar to TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom