What's the cheapest you can get a 30-32" LCD WITH Component inputs?

Yup. Samsung LE32R41B has them. Wasn't particularly impressed with it myself though.

Going from brand names alone, I'm willing to bet it'll be worth paying extra to get the Sharp. Although I've never seen either of these TVs.

Isn't Hyundai a brand name? Oops it appears I didn't include postage on the Sharp for £100 I'll get the Hyundai.

I thought they were the bottom end of the brand names (i.e - Samsung and Sharp).

I can't find reviews for either of them :mad:

Sharp have a great reputation for and have spent a lot of money on LCD research. I'd be surprised if Hyundai were the same.

Why not save little while longer and buy a set you'd be really happy with? Sharp are not at the bottom end by the way.
I would have thought HDTV connectivity was pretty much a must these days for future proofing if nothing else.

la gran siete said:
Why not save little while longer and buy a set you'd be really happy with?
The thing is going from a 28" WS CRT 50Hz non-flat screen I'd be very happy with both.

I didn't realise Sharp were that good cheers.

Both sets are higher than my original costings. I was originally thinking of a 32" CRT WS but thought it would be better spending £200-300 more for LCD technology considering CRT is very old technology and is also huge.

HDMI etc . . . connections are nice but I can seriously see component and especially scart connections being around for many years yet. I picked component as at least you can find it on £700-800 sets, hdmi or another HDTV connection costs much, much more. No?

check out the Relisys RLT3200 there's a thread on here - most people are very happy with it

if you'are not bothered about HDTV then why not consider a crt such as Toshiba 32ZP48 which has component input and 3 scarts.Many people think crts still provide the best pictures and if you can live with their size and bulk then keeping oyur budget in mind might be the best option. Another one to look at might be
JVC HV-32D40 32 in. Direct View Flat Screen HDTV-Ready Television
Although I doint know how HDTV ready this set is
My personal favourites are Loewe -Aventos, Nemos and Nimo- no component inputs but gr8 pictures

Thanks

The Hyundai TV I'm looking at claims to be HD ready (it supports the various levels). The thing is HD is still years away in the UK (right?) so by then I may want another TV.

The big problem with large CRTs is they're so big. You can't get away from this fact.

I think I'll go LCD.

There are still some Aldi/Tevion 32" LCDs about. It does have component inputs via the Scart. You can get individual sockets using a simple adapter: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1699636&postcount=180

The Aldi/Tevion does have some issues - but that can work to your advantage! Most of the problems will not affect you now and Aldi have a no-quibble full refund policy for the first year.

Buy now at £749.99 and you get a good quality TV that they claim is HD Ready - if its not - get your money back - and buy when HDTVs are cheaper next year!

It worth trying when you can get a full refund!
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1748329&postcount=646

Thanks Bill.

That TV doesn't sound promising though having to give up an all important scart to get component. I will need both scarts (Freeview and VCR) + Component (DVD).

That adapter sounds nifty. Stupid question will it make a normal RGB TV component compatible? On the other hand I keep hearing scart is inferior technology so wouldn't you be squeezing component technology into a scart connection?

Your VCR doesn't have to go in via SCART. I'd guess you're watching standard VHS tapes (Composite video), so an inexpensive SCART to RCA adapter will let you hook your VCR up to the TV's Yellow/White/Red AV inputs.

Fair point. I'd not thought of doing that. I take it these TVs have rear phonos?

But even so that would mean I'd have to watch Freeview in composite as the RGB scart would be taken up from the component DVD. Still yuck!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom