Whats the cheapest SKY+ Package with record

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by beolab, Aug 11, 2006.

1. beolab

beolab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I already have SKY+ installed but what is currently the least you can pay to Sky but still be able to record/pause TV

2. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    The cheapest package that Sky will let you have is 2 mixes for £15 + £10 for the Sky+ facility = £25.

If you keep pushing them, possibly after speaking to a supervisor, you can get a Freesat package for free + £10 for Sky+ facility = £10.

I've recently downgraded to the £25 package. They refused to let me have the £10 Freesat Sky+. I'll try again soon.

3. Papua

Papua

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    £25 is the cheapest option, unfortunately we want 3 of the 6 mixes and as they only go in two's have had to have 4 at £28.

Be aware that if you intend to set the sky+ box from a mobile phone that you won't get the nice sky+ menu on your mobile phone (like they've been advertising) as you have to have either movie or sport mix, you only have text message option (another con to get more money from you I think).

4. flash543

flash543

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    If it is any help - after quite a battle and many phone calls (using the 0800 number in this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368635&highlight=0800) I was eventually able to purchase just the £10 record/pause with no other package. I got many different answers from various people at Sky but just kept phoning again until I got someone who said they could definitely do it, (a lady called Elizabeth actually).

The process was that I had to sign up for the £15 contract which was immediately cancelled leaving the £10 per month record/pause deal.

5. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Nice to hear that you succeeded eventually - I'll persist next time I phone them.