• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What's the Canon 300EG Backpack Like?

nheather

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Has anyone seen the Canon 300EG backpag that is being given 'free' in the promotion on new Canon 650D cameras.

I usually dismiss these sort of offers but as I need a new gadget bag it does have some real value to me.

What I don't know is whether it is any good, and whether it is truely worth £80. In other words if I had £80 to spend would it be a good buy, or would I buy something better for the same money or less?

This is what I'm wrestling with.

I can buy a UK sourced import (so no import taxes to worry about) with a 3rd party 3 year warranty (as Canon wouldn't warranty it in the UK) for £589.

Or, through a work benefit scheme I can buy a genuine UK model from Jessops, with the free 300EG bag, plus a little Quidco if I'm lucky, for £643 (£54 more).

So is paying £54 for a genuine UK model and a 300EG bag a better deal.

The import has a 3 year warranty, but that isn't with Canon. Obviously 3 years is better than 1, but the who knows if the service is on a par.

Cheers,

Nigel

nheather

Distinguished Member
That's what I suspected. I can't find any info or interior pictures of the bag. And I'm always sceptical of the RRP of 'free' goods - they are quite often much higher than they would really sell for to make the deal sound good.

So still none the wiser. Guess I'll wait out for a decent review from dpreview.

Cheers,

Nigel

nheather

Distinguished Member
Thanks,

Pretty much what I was expecting. And I imagine there are much better bags around.

To be honest I need to find a proper camera shop that have different ones I can look at.

Sounds like you may have got your camera from HDEW - that's who I have been looking at.

Cheers,

Nigel

TonyGoodrich

Novice Member
Yes

Hdew was the supplier

Ordered and arrived 5 days later. It contained a UK manual and mains plug, 3 year warranty, UK invoice (which I requested).

Excellent service, I would use them again.

Tony

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom