Whats the biggest screen size I should use with my Sim2 DMF?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cameronl, Sep 2, 2004.

1. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hi there all, I'll be building a home cinema room next year and I wanted to know what is the biggest screen size I should use with my Sim2 DMF bearing in mind the light output.

I'll get the best gain screen I can - probably something like 1.3 and the room will be light controlled.

I currently have a 5 foot screen in my lounge and that works very well for brightness for movies, sports and games excluding the odd dark movie like 'last of the mohicans'.

I was thinking a 7 foot screen would work well but do you think i would get away with an 8 foot screen bearing in mind that i don't want it to be any darker than in currently is. I must add though that my current room is painted white, is 95 percent light controlled and that I use an average quality owl screen.

thanks for your time.

CaM

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    CaM,

A 7ft or 8ft 1.3 gain screen would be fine with your DMF.
    I have seen them set up in light controlled rooms on 3m screens with good results.

If you have the choice I would consider painting the walls/ceiling grey (18% reflectance) and have a dark coloured carpet too. It makes a big difference to picture quality.

Jeff :rtfm:

3. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    thanks for that Jeff, my Sim2 is a great projector and I can't wait to get it projecting onto a bigger screen. :)

CaM