Whats the best way to setup AIO sound-wise

MrMav11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok.

Should finish me Home Cinema setup soon, its a 40" Samsung LCD, Xbox 360, AIO Sammy HT-TX35r, Wii, V+.

Once I have everything connected, whats the best way to setup the sound? The way my room is a bit weird for the speaker placement ie the 2 front are either side of the TV, with the subwoofer beside the TV, the rear speakers are sort of slightly in front of the Settee, and the settee is not directly tin front of the TV, but too the side.

IS there a sound setup thing you can do to get good balance etc? also do the rear speakers have to be behind you? is it ok for them to be slightly in front? Im talking there in line with the arm rest so approx 1 foot in front of me sitting down?

cheers

Come on AV buffs help me!!

:thumbsup:

Hi mate,

Rear speakers should be placed behind the listeners' sitting position. Therefore if you can, you may have to wall mount.

If that is not possible then you may need to place all speakers to suit the acoustics of your room. This is something which other members including myself can not advise you about, it can only be done through trail and error by yourself.

Hope this has helped :thumbsup:

Hi mate,

Rear speakers should be placed behind the listeners' sitting position. Therefore if you can, you may have to wall mount.

If that is not possible then you may need to place all speakers to suit the acoustics of your room. This is something which other members including myself can not advise you about, it can only be done through trail and error by yourself.

Hope this has helped :thumbsup:

I thought as much, but current conditions make this impossible. How far behind? or just as long as they are behind my lugs??

I bought this system as I wanted tall boys, Im sort of regretting that now though,as the cheaper X30 (same system small speakers though) may have been easier to fit.

The rear tall Boys you can split in half and suppose could wall mount but there a bit big really, have to convince the missus if I could, you think this is best opton?

If so whats the supports I could go for? cheap as poss, ebay? do they have to be certain type or anything?

cheers

I see you have tallboy speakers, is it possible to place them behind your settee even if slightly to each end as the speakers would be behind your ears.

Its difficult really, as the 3 seat settee is in an alcove, with only limited, talking 1-2ft of total space. What the main prob is really is the speaker bases.

I could prob get the speakers but its the base, that is interfering wit the settee as the bases will not go under the settee.

I didnt realise that the bases would be so big, otherwise I would have got normal speakers, I wanted tall boys for the front, but prob would have preferred normal for the back.

anymore comments please?
cheers

Anyone else help on the setup?

Is it not possible to adapt/ butcher the the base of the speakers so they don't interfere with the sofa? If hacking the base leaves the speakers unstable then you could adapt some sort of bracket fix the speaker stand to the wall.

It sounds like you're going to have to be innovate to find a solution.

Optimum speaker layouts according to room setup HERE

:thumbsup:

Thanks for that, mine TV is sort of in an alcove, and the settee is ofset.

Another question, is it ok if I put the Sub woofer behind the TV? t at the side of the TV on the floor at the mo, but I cant get the tall boys in properly, so if its ok, I could "hide" the subwoofer behind the TV and make more space?

cheers

Thanks for that, mine TV is sort of in an alcove, and the settee is ofset.

Another question, is it ok if I put the Sub woofer behind the TV? t at the side of the TV on the floor at the mo, but I cant get the tall boys in properly, so if its ok, I could "hide" the subwoofer behind the TV and make more space?

cheers

Short answer is yes, subs can be placed anywhere because they are 'non-directional'

Short answer is yes, subs can be placed anywhere because they are 'non-directional'

SO it will be ok to "hide" it then? I understand what you mean, but wont it decrement the sound with it being hidden around the back of the TV?

Should I face it a certain way or something?
cheers

SO it will be ok to "hide" it then? I understand what you mean, but wont it decrement the sound with it being hidden around the back of the TV?

Should I face it a certain way or something?
cheers

It will ok behind the TV, you will probally need to play with the sub settings because too close to the wall will reinforce the bass tones

It will ok behind the TV, you will probally need to play with the sub settings because too close to the wall will reinforce the bass tones

Cheers, I didn't realise you could change the settings individually for the Sub? what do you mean exactly please? sorry a bit of a noob on home cinema!!

Where are the settings had a quick look cant see settings for it

Cheers
:smashin:

Anybody else got tips/tricks/setups of there 5.1 AIO kit? where they place them, tips for setup etc please

cheers

any gurus? please best placement, how can you tune them etc? Is the THX thing on the Star Wars setup any good?

cheers

Still needing some help please on placement and cable running tips if anyone has any, or even a good website to help for pictures of placement etc.

Also no matter how much I mess with the settings i found the sub woofer goes too loud in certain scenes of movies, eg you watching a movie at a decent level of loudness, then an action scene comes on, and the whole volume seems to go too loud so I have to constantly change the volume so as its not to loud and ten not too quiet - any help for this please

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom