What's the best way to embed a picture in a AVForum post?

Chadford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen some posts that contain a full size image included, how's that done?
I can only seem to get a thumbnail size image on my posts.
Any ideas?

i link back to flickr , it keeps the photo large enough but not too large for the forum but allows you to show the full size photo on flickr , i am sure someone will show you exactly how to do it soon , if not i will explain fully later ( at work at the mo ) :)

You have a few options. When creating a post you can add an attachment by clicking the "Manage Attachments" box below the message you're typing. You can upload files from your computer to the forum, and they will be displayed as a thumbnail attachment.

Alternatively, in your profile you have the ability to upload photos to an album hosted by AVF (see right-hand column in your profile). You can then link these in your post using the BB code supplied. This provides a full-size image in your post.

Finally, you can use a third-party image hoster such as flickr, photobucket or imageshack, and again, images hosted here will result in full-size images in your post, provided you have linked them properly using the
insertimage.gif

button or the appropriate BB code.

Quick test here...

116410-albums425-picture1963.jpg

...has this worked?

Alternatively, in your profile you have the ability to upload photos to an album hosted by AVF (see right-hand column in your profile). You can then link these in your post using the BB code supplied. This provides a full-size image in your post.

Just tried this (previous post), looks OK on my PC. I realised I could check this on misses' PC (as guest). On her PC the image is not displayed, any ideas?

Correct, you normally have to log in to see images.

I like thumbnails the best. Fit the screen better, and of course you can click to enlarge them. Keeps everything a bit tidier.

Any photos in my photobukcet that's what I do with them.

It is on the HD boxes but the roll-out is phased.

I have it on mine but my friend who is five roads away still has the old one.

Not much else to do in Karachi on a quiet night. I think Henry is Ok ;)

I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt, given that he is posting from Pakistan :smashin:

Last edited:
Chadford;
Your ability to attach 'photos to your posts appears to far exceed your +HD box's ability to record "Ashes to Ashes".

I'd wait for the DVD at that rate,mate.:D

KH

3752373385_876ee6fc31.jpg

does my image show

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom