What's the best way to configure LG 47LA660V, Samsung HW-C560W, Sky HD and PS3

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Ross2411, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Ross2411

Ross2411
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I've just bought myself an LG 47LA660V TV which I'm very happy with. I already have a Samsung HW-C560 home cinema amp and I'm hoping that I can use the Smart Remote that comes with the TV to control everything but I'm struggling to figure out how.

I've currently got the Sky HD and PS3 going into the amp (via HDMI) and one HDMI cable going from the amp to the TV. When I turn on the TV the amp is turned on (via Simplink/Anynet+ I think) but it gets set to TV Optical which is no use as the input I need is actually Sat HDMI. The main question I have is does anyone know how to fix this? Also, is there a way I can change the input on the amp with the smart remote for the tv? The smart remote controls the channels on the Sky box and the volume on the amp but I can't figure out how to change the inputs with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Ross

2. wez130

wez130

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Does your amp have ARC? I Have the same tv and i have it set up with my Onkyo TX-NR626 via arc, sky and xbox are on via hdmi in amp. Like yours, my sky remote and magic remote control the volume of the amp, but i don't think you can change the input for your amp.

3. Ross2411

Ross2411
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Wez. I'm not sure if my amp supports arc. I'm guessing not. I think the tv can control the inputs on the amp because whenever I turn the tv on it turns the amp on and sets the input to tv opt. Very annoying as my sky is on sat hdmi. I'm guessing it's simplink/anynet trying to be clever. Would be nice if the magic remote could control everything. Doesn't seem so magic after all :(

4. Denniz

Denniz
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you pls let me knw the code for your sky remote to control your TV, cos I have the same TV as well