Question Whats the best way to add rears to my current set up?

pughypro

Hi all, I've been deliberating between adding rears to my current set up (Marantz NR1506 receiver, Kef Kube Sub and Q Acoustics fronts and centre) and getting a sound bar with wireless rears (Samsung or Sonos).

I think I've settled on expanding my current kit as the sound I get is good, if not immersive, and the cost of wholesale replacement is much higher. I can always add the rears and decide at a later date whether an Atmos enabled sound bar is the way to go. Lounge is about 5m x 4m roughly, rectangular shape.

My question is then is it best to run some cable duct/trunking around the ceiling to the rear position and if so any particular cable suggestions? It's going to have to go about 2m from receiver to wall, up 2.5m to ceiling, about 5m across to rear wall and then down the wall to left and right rears behind/to the side of the sofa. I reckon about 15m or so in total.

Also any advice on rears to add to this set up much appreciated. I've read good things about the Cambridge Audio Minx?

Thanks.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Your 'Rear' speakers ought to be 'Side Surround' speakers - Rear speakers are usually included in a 7.1 system.

The Dolby Labs layout guides are a good starting point and wired spellers are always the better option - 5.1 Virtual Speaker Setup

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom