Whats the best TV for PS2 I like the Toshiba 42WH18 but been told RP is no good ?

R

Ray Von

Was going to buy one then didn't because heard they were bad, i.e bad picture quality

can anyone tell me ??

thks

I have this model and i can say that the picture is FANTASTIC. I also read somwhere on this forum that rp sets are ok when it comes to games etc.

hth

shaun

Originally posted by Ray Von
Was going to buy one then didn't because heard they were bad, i.e bad picture quality

can anyone tell me ??

thks

That is the funniest thing I've heard all day - no - week!!

RPTVs are great for games. As long as you don't have a static image on there for 5 days at a time, you wont suffer from screen burn.

:D

I would have to disagree - for some games Rps are good, they give a feel like you're playing at the arcade. Beat em ups are great on them. But the picture just doesn't cut it with the various racing games I've got, it's not crisp enough and you lose so much of the detail. I bought a 21" sony CRT for games - so my RP is for DVD and TV use only.

I've used a Tosh 40" RPTV with a PS2 and an X-BOX for over a year now, I've also got a 25" CRT TV and I'd rather use the RPTV for games any day. Picture quality is superb and, as long as you turn down the contrast, screen burn shouldn't be a problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom