1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best TV for PS2 I like the Toshiba 42WH18 but been told RP is no good ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Ray Von, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Ray Von

Ray Von

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was going to buy one then didn't because heard they were bad, i.e bad picture quality

can anyone tell me ??

thks

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this model and i can say that the picture is FANTASTIC. I also read somwhere on this forum that rp sets are ok when it comes to games etc.

hth

shaun

3. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That is the funniest thing I've heard all day - no - week!!

RPTVs are great for games. As long as you don't have a static image on there for 5 days at a time, you wont suffer from screen burn.

:D

4. Splinter

Splinter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have to disagree - for some games Rps are good, they give a feel like you're playing at the arcade. Beat em ups are great on them. But the picture just doesn't cut it with the various racing games I've got, it's not crisp enough and you lose so much of the detail. I bought a 21" sony CRT for games - so my RP is for DVD and TV use only.

5. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I've used a Tosh 40" RPTV with a PS2 and an X-BOX for over a year now, I've also got a 25" CRT TV and I'd rather use the RPTV for games any day. Picture quality is superb and, as long as you turn down the contrast, screen burn shouldn't be a problem.