Whats the best Toshiba 28" widescreen ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Jimmi, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Jimmi

Jimmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I went out looking at widescreen TV's today and saw two 28" WS Toshiba sets which looked really nice.
    One was 50hz and one was 100hz I think, the 50hz had a better picture in my opinion but I can't remember the model numbers of either set.
    Does anyone else know ?, and how do Toshiba CRT widescreen sets compare to other brands ?, I don't know a great deal about them to be honest.

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seem OK.. skin tones seem a bit yellow though, and seem to suffer from Red Push (Red Push causes yellow skin tones I believe)

Also some suffer from bad geometry, make sure you try out Avia DVD geometry tests in the first week. Some TV faults are not fixable in the service menu (brothers Tosh has a 1" or 2" slant on the top part of the screen- not correctable)

3. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nathan - a friend of mine had the slant problem aswell with his Toshiba 28Z27B...

It was so bad, infact, that half of the writing at the bottom of the screen with Sky's EPG couldn't be read as it simply wasn't on the screen.

I think JVC, Sony & Philips rule the roost in the 28" arena simply because their TVs are - on the whole - far less problem-prone...

However if you get a descent Toshiba set their pictures tend to excell

4. Jimmi

Jimmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    So I guess what you're saying is the Tosh doesn't have a geomegnetic correction option ?.