1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best sounding stereo song

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by dan76n, Aug 16, 2005.

1. dan76n

dan76n
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, what would you rate as the best sounding stereo song, one that not only sounds great in stereo but when converted to dolby surround sounds great aswell. The best I have found would be AC/DC thunderstruck from their AC/DC LIVE album(whole album is brilliant). Another great song is Money for nothing. I know DVD and SACD versions of these songs are probably better but Im just after Great Stereo songs.

2. Hartigan

Hartigan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    For just stereo, and despite their age, a couple of Ultravox songs stand out. Vienna, of course and a track called White China. Try listening to it on headphones! :eek:

3. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Always thought Sultans of Swing sounds tremendous in stereo on a nice system

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I don't tend to use the Dolby decoding methods but in my experience any well recorded song turns out fairly well using PL2. :)

5. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question as what constitutes "good stereo" but based on your "Thunderstruck" suggestion how about "You Shook Me All Night Long" from Back in Black IMHO one of the best sounding rock tracks EVER!
    Dire Straits always put alot of effort into the production side of their albums so there are plenty of theirs to choose from "Private Investigations" was one I used to use for auditioning stereo hardware
    Rush would fall into the same catagory too IMHO & "The Camera Eye" from Moving Pictures is another gr8 stereo track especially for drums (!)
    Cheers - Paul ;)

6. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Peter Gabriel--SKY BLUE​

I love this song on cd in stereo, and also have it in 5.1 on dvd (the Growing UP live concert). I think the producion values used by PG are very high, and the "chanting" by the Blind Boys of Alabama near the end of the track make my neck hairs stand on end.... :clap: ....

TTFN

Graham

7. kmb

kmb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

Agree about "Private Investigations" from the "Love Over Gold" album which has excellent production. Going back to the early 70's, I still have a copy of the Kraftwerk Lp, "Autobahn", which although not strictly a song in the conventional sense does have vocals albeit in "German" but more to the point some very nice stereo sound staging and electronic sound effects.

Kmb.