Question What's the best Short Throw HD Projector for my room?

sanjuvarma

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m shopping for a good short throw 1080p projector under $1000. I have purchased two right now (trying it till I can return), one is BenQ W1085ST and the other Optoma HD26 (not a short throw projector). I only have exactly 7’8” to 8’2” of distance between the projector and my screen. The BenQ is low on lumens, and I really like the brightness and contrast on the Optima HD26 (3200 Lumens). Looking to view 100" of higher screen size.

I have a week before I return both these projectors, but can you please advice on what I should be buying for the specific dimensions I have above. I would prefer anything above 3000 ANSI.

Thanks

Last edited:
Screen size is kind of important here...

I have a week before I return both these projectors, but can you please advice on what I should be buying for the specific dimensions I have above. I would prefer anything above 3000 ANSI.

Thanks

I'm not sure why you're asking the question above. You have your room. You have both projectors in your possession. Umm..try them both and keep the one which works the best in your space? :confused:

I apologize, my room has a very specific location of the bed and the bed bench. The bed bench will store the projector, and thats about 8' from the wall/screen. The BenQ fits almost perfectly well, about 8' distance, it's throwing a 110" large projection. But I'm not too happy with the brightness of the BenQ. So I'm looking for suggestions, for a higher lumen short throw projector other than the BenQ 1085ST. Thanks.

hi
got acer h7550st and works awesome
but cant compare to benq 1080st+ if there is anyone in london , west london im happy to compare

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom