Whats the best plasma for my £1300 budget please?

doughy1882

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a budget of £1300 and I am looking for a plasma screen with stand and inputs.

Price is most important followed by quality and lastly size. I don't mind buying a 37" or even a 32" but it would need to be significantly cheaper or better quality than a 42".

A friend of mine has a PWD6 so this is my benchmark for quality. I am totally happy with the quality of his (and its quiet) so I am looking for something atleast as good or better than this.

This is what I am looking for:

42" preferred (or 37" 32")
Sky Input (scart)
PS2 Input (can use the same scart or s-video)
DVD (prefer to use component)
PC Input (DVI or the other one)
Desktop Type Stand

I realise some Plasmas will not come with the stand and some might need input boards but it all needs to come from my £1300 budget.

These are the models I have seen which fit my budget:

PHILIPS 42PF5320: Loads of these for sale at aroundf £1200 but they don't seem to come with a component input and some sellers say they are HD ready and other say they aren't. Does anyone own one of these?

Philips 42PF3320: Richer sounds have these for £1200. Are they any good?

Panasonic TH42PWD7: I can just about afford this after I add the input boards and the stand.

Hitachi 42PD4200: This comes with everything I need and Richer recommend it.

Added: LG 42PX3RVA: I like LG products and this seems to have everything I need. I just wonder what the quality is like.

Sorry to be a pain. I realise these questions must come up all the time and I am actively searching the forums looking for reviews on these models. The main reason I want first hand opinions is because the information on the web seems to vary from one site to the next.

Use Kelkoo

Panasonic PA50 37" for 1200 quid?

Or PE50 42" for 1300?

Or HD ready LG on electrical discount uk site for 1100-1200(can't remember exact)

Seconded. They will mis(sell you anything). They are no longer cheap. And the stuff they sell is so out of date they should wear loin cloths

vileda said:
Be careful about what Richers recommend.

Yeah. I guess they are trained to recommend the item with the largest GP.

I have been reading lots about the LG 42PX3RVA and it seems pretty good. It's a shame that it doesn't have PIP but thats not the end of the world.

The 42" Panasonic PE50 gets my vote

Just looked at the PE50 in Comet at it doesn't come with an input for my computer. I saw an LG in there and it looked great although I am pretty sure it was a different model.

If you have seen LG 42PX3RV or LG42PX4(d) then you saw the PQ of the LG 42PX3RVA-the difference is only some extras like double tuner, intelligent eye....but the PQ is just the same.
And yes- with the LG you will have any input you can think of.

You can also get the Pio MXE1 for £1400 from Richers. You may have to ring around the branches though as they only have limited stock.

Steve

Why not try the relisys 42" plasma tv i purchased mine from ebuyer.com comes with a 2 year on site warranty speakers and a stand picture is awesome on all inputs from scart dvi component svideo plays xbox brilliant and no ghosting blacks are excellent on this tv for £1098 its a bargain fitted with a new generation samsung panel its hidef compatible too
CIMG0605.jpg
[/IMG]
CIMG0500.jpg
[/IMG]

Another vote for the Panasonic 42PE50 if its in budget

If you like your mates panny pwd6 then i'd go for the pwd7. oops i did!! yes i'm biased but i've been so pleased with it that i'd recommend it to anyone. I just wish i'd paid the price that they are now. still no complaints. excellent panel.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom