1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's The Best Plasma (42-50) For Around £3000

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GEEDEE, Apr 22, 2005.

1. GEEDEE

GEEDEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have all Philips tv's at the moment and have been looking at the new Philips 50PF9965, which i can get fot judt under £3000.

Now i don't mind what size really, anything betwen 42-50 inches would be ok. But i want to get the plasma with the best quality picture.

I Know Hi-def isn't out yet, but i would like a plasma that's Hi-def ready, if you know what i mean, as i don't really want to start getting a new screen, when that's out.

Thanks

2. J-K

J-K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well, I think your only choices are the Panasonic PV500, or the Pioneer 43/50 FDE/XDE!

If you're prepared to spend up to £3k, i'd personally go for the Pioneer 43 XDE! Just within the budget, great picture quality, HD Ready, and an extra viewing inch over the Panny!

JK

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there are very very few 50" for £3k and Philips plasma are not generally that great (philips dont make PDP's) for best PQ for £3k i would say look at a panel + scaler a panny 50" is £3.5k Fujitsu P50XHA40US is £4.5k and top dog, the cheaper Fujitsu P50XHA40ES (euro spec model is £3.5k) but spec is a bit of a grey area...

4. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Horny does know his stuff amte ..so take his advice... :lesson:

dil