1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best(overall) £1000 camcorder on the market?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Duster, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Can you tell me what you think is the best £1000 camcorder on the market at the moment and why?

Thanks.....

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    IMHO there is no such thing as the best camcorder. It all depends on what you will use it for. They all have strengths and weaknesses, and this would still be true at £10,000
    What you really need to do is work out what you will use the camcorder for, let us know, and then we can give some advise. After all even the BBC etc. have different cameras for different uses.

Mark.

3. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi MarkE19
    Thanks for your reply,

Well it's going to be just a home camcorder, the uses will be inside/outside videoing, just home useage really. But the most important thing is , it must have very good picture quality.

I purchased a Canon MV 500, and ive never been happy with its picture quality.
    I paid about £450 for this camcorder, and was told you need to spend much more to get better picture quality.
    Also, the pictures it makes indoors are really bad........ My old Hi8 camcorder, which is 8 years old, makes much better pictures indoors & out.

Can you advise me on any camcorders which would suit my needs?

Thanks again for your help.