• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Whats the best option for speakers for me?

Twister48

Standard Member
Whats the best sound system for me, my room size is 7.5m square

I will be watching movies and playing games on my tv. I dont listen to music. I wont be putting the volume really high, just loud enough to hear comfortable.

I currently use logitech z623 with my pc and monitor but now i want something good for my tv.

I have no idea about speakers so please bare with me.

Will i need a Subwoofer and an amplifier, receiver? Is pc speaker, soundbar, or bookshelf speakers best?

I see alot on these forums about amplifiers and recievers, please tell me what this is and why i would need it in simple terms possible, thanks.

My budget is no more than 100-300 pounds

Last edited:

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
Aha. Then for that budget I'd suggest these,

ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGO SOUND3ARBlack Soundbar

ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGO3Black 2.1 Media Speaker System

These aren't too bad either,

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO TV5Black Sound base

But if you can run your tv through a headphone socket, then I'd recommend these,

JBL LSR305 Two Way Active Studio Monitors with Stands (Pair) at Gear4music.com

The best option for your budget by far I'd say.

Any of the above will be abig upgrade on your current speakers and are universally admired. Games and films will sound very fine indeed, and a massive improvement on any tv speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom