Whats the best "Non" HI Def 42" plasma ar the moment

fatrich

having already having a panny 37pv500 i am looking for another plasma for my little room, if anyone knows what the best non hidef 42" plasma out there at the moment please,

Maw if your listening :hiya: :D

cheers

richard

GAmbrose

fatrich said:
having already having a panny 37pv500 i am looking for another plasma for my little room, if anyone knows what the best non hidef 42" plasma out there at the moment please,

Maw if your listening :hiya: :D

cheers

richard

Probably the Panasonic PWD6 with Component and S-video boards that I am selling :D

Gary A

Orwella

If you are happy with the SD picture on your PV500 I would suggest the Panny TH42PE50. SD quality is almost identical to the PV500.

fatrich

Thanks guys for the reply, i am interested in either a plasma telly or panel, i will be using sky+ (no ariel point hence sky) a PS2 and my Arcam sdi modded fmjdv27 and i have a Lumagen hdi scaler attched up to the pv500 upstairs but i think they will stay together unless i go hidef in the new room

the room size is 9ft x 11ft (so not very big) viewing distance approx 8ft ish

cheers

richard

GAmbrose

LFCRules said:
I'm sure Gary will be posting a for-sale thread in the classified soon informing us all of the price ;)

Cheers

Andy

I certainly will, and it's not for sale anywhere else :)

Gary A

LFCRules

GAmbrose said:
I certainly will, and it's not for sale anywhere else :)

Gary A

:smashin:

Back to the original topic :) PWD8 is the top of the tree SD wise for a panel. Check out the many helpful suppliers on here for a suitable price, and the AV-Sales AVForums special offer here

Cheers

Andy

fatrich

Andy and chaps ta very much, Gary post your telly in the forsale section so we can see how much you want for it:devil: :D :thumbsup:

cheers

richard

MAW

Banned
What can I add Richard? I know better late than never, but it's all been said. PE50 could be a serious bargain, but the PWD8 is as good as it gets in SD, with sky. Obviously a gent of your forum experience knows about the sound side of it, and the way to get all your sources onto the screen. And if you are up for a bargain, I gather you can pick up a PW6 new from £800 these days, I believe the box is Russian, so a bloke in the pub told me anyway, and there's always Gary's, 1 careful owner, never Colin Mcrae 2'd, or PGR3'd. The world is your oyster.

D

darrenboy

Just paid £1175.00 for a PWD8 with the Composite/S-Video terminal board and TYFB3HM HDMI board included, and with a 3 year warranty.

should be here wednesday, i'll let you know what i think

thanks for all the help lads :smashin:

hornydragon

phillfyspoon said:
but is the pw8 better then pw6?

pw6 was better then pw7
PWD8 has some better "features" fully HDMI V1.0 compatible, 2 year warranty, discrete input IR codes, all of which are nice.PWD8 compared to the PWD6 PQ wise i dont think there is enough in it to make a real difference the 7 series was an od ball PW7 and PWD7 were different neither did more thna the 6 series and lost the component over VGA function (resurrected in the 8 series)

ABC*

darrenboy said:
Just paid £1175.00 for a PWD8 with the Composite/S-Video terminal board and TYFB3HM HDMI board included, and with a 3 year warranty.

should be here wednesday, i'll let you know what i think

thanks for all the help lads :smashin:

Where's that from?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom