• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What's the best multiregion 3D Blu-ray player?

hollyfan

Standard Member
Hello everyone!

Could you be so kind and recommend the best multiregional 3D Blu-ray player?

As a fanatical movie fan, I have some old region 1 DVDs from America, and I also wish to buy various Blu-ray films in Region A (for they are not available in Region B).

I live in London England, and the vast majority of my DVDs and Blu-rays are Region 2/B.

Is there a perfect solution out there? As I understand it, a lot of multiregional Blu-ray players don't play absolutely everything in Region A/B/1/2.

This is really urgent as I want to purchase my Blu-ray player no later than tonight if possible. I would pay any amount of money if it means I can have the perfect solution. Excellent 3D is essential, too.

:lease:

Thank you, Holly x

Last edited:

mentm

Prominent Member
Last edited:

hollyfan

Standard Member
Thank you so much Mentm!

I have taken your advice and chosen this one! Though, could I trouble you once more and ask what you mean when you say I need to buy the multiregion hardware mod?

I didn't notice any multiregion capabilities/hardware mods/add-ons with this player. What do I have to do exactly?

My apologies, I'm not very knowledgeable with these things.

Last edited:

hollyfan

Standard Member
Excuse my ignorance! I just called them and they told me how to do it! Thank you once again I am so grateful!

I just bought it. Cost me £600 in total with the multi-region function! You was spot on Mentm!

Would you care to comment on the player I have purchased? Any opinions on it?

HugoFJH

Established Member
Excuse my ignorance! I just called them and they told me how to do it! Thank you once again I am so grateful!

I just bought it. Cost me £600 in total with the multi-region function! You was spot on Mentm!

Would you care to comment on the player I have purchased? Any opinions on it?

The Oppo 103 is amongst the best BR players currently available from all reviews, with its big brother the 105 one of the few "better" (and this is usually only with specific setup requirements, like when using analogue sound output)

I would be very happy indeed with your choice - I hope you enjoy it thoroughly

hollyfan

Standard Member
The Oppo 103 is amongst the best BR players currently available from all reviews, with its big brother the 105 one of the few "better" (and this is usually only with specific setup requirements, like when using analogue sound output)

I would be very happy indeed with your choice - I hope you enjoy it thoroughly

Thank you so much for your thoughts, that's made me even happier!

I cannot wait until it arrives now! I'm so excited!

I can finally watch Mischief, The Heavenly Kid, and The Girl next Door in Blu-Ray! All these films make me cry, and they are the main reason I bought this player!

I'm so glad I posted here before I decided what to buy!

:clap:

hollyfan

Standard Member
The Oppo 103 is amongst the best BR players currently available from all reviews, with its big brother the 105

Yeah, the Oppo 105 was £1000.00. I thought that was a bit too much for a Blu-Ray player, no matter how good it is.

Around £500 was my preferred budget, so I am well pleased with my choice.

:)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom