Whats the best mini disc player/recorder

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by nigel245, Feb 23, 2005.

1. nigel245

nigel245

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been really pleased with my Sony MZ-N707 MD net player but have been thinking of upgrading it to a newer one, has anyone out there got some good upgrade advice?

Thanks

2. ipodrob

ipodrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know about Hi-md players? Sony introduced this 'new' minidisc format last year, it offers new compression options (atrac3plus) and 1GB discs which potentially give you 30hrs+ recording time (sorry if you already know this).

I have the NW-H900 and i'm very happy with it. You should be able to get it for about £160 on Amazon, but there are cheaper and more expensive options.

There are supposed to be more new models released soon so it depends on how desperate you are, it may be worth waiting a while if you're happy with your 707 at the moment.

Rob.

3. cylon

cylon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Said to be releases in March or April...pity the links to the 3 new players has been pulled of by Sony request.

4. jonh doe

jonh doe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have used the hd minidisc it works well and I fitted about 40 albums at 64 bit compression. Often in shuffle mode its like your own radio station

5. ipodrob

ipodrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have ordered an NH900 for £69 from Amazon - bit of a delay though!