1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats The Best LCD/Plasma I Can Get For Around £2.5K?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Parf7, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Parf7

Parf7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a Plasma or LCD for around £2.5K, I was looking at getting something around the 37" mark as this I feel is big enough for the room I am going to put it in can anyone suggest something?

Also being a complete AV numpty I know nothing about LCD's or Plasmas so could someone tell me in simply terms what is the difference and what is the best?

Many Thanks

2. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    There are many happy PW6 owners here (myself included) and thanks to companies like av sales you can get yourself one for just over £2k. I got mine on a bit of a blind purchase in that I had never seen a proper plasma demo, just the usual rubbish you get in comet etc. However I can happily say the quality with the right source is stunning!

Also with regard to the size, I would go for a 42". I wanted a 37" but for the same money practically the 42" was there so I just went for it. And after a week of owning it I can honestly say I am totally used to the size now and when watching 2.35:1 ratio films it even looks a bit small at times :eek:

However I am sure there are also LCD equivelents for the same price range that you would be pleased with but I don't know much about LCD to be honest. From my limited experince in shops they always look far worse than the plasma's, of course thats just to me.

It can be a totaly nightmare trying to find the right screen for you! It took me months!!

Good luck :smashin: