whats the best lcd for under a grand ???

newstuart

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi all

Well by some strange miracle the other half has agreed i can buy a lcd screen for the bedroom !!
Im looking to spend around £1000 absolute max (less would be nice though!
it will need to have pc inputs to wire my media center pc to aswell.
Ive seen in "DIXONS :laugh: ) yes i know how bad they are ! a LOGIK 27" lcd for £1000 which actually looked to fit the bill and for the price i was impressed at the size to,has anyone got one of these ? if so is it any good
or any other better suggestions for that sort of budget ??

don't know what size you want, but I'm doing something similar, and come up with a few options so far.

17" for about £450:
Philips 17pf9945
JVC LG-17E31
Toshiba 17WL46 (they also do this with a freeview tuner built in, or a DVD player built in)

22/23"
Hitachi 22LD4200 (£620)
Philips 23pf9945 (£750)

30"
Dabs/medion £1030
Hitachi 30D5200 (£1050)

All should be good, and all have PC inputs (well, that was on my requirements list)

thanks for that, Size wise i hadnt really thought about it, i have a 32" in the bedroom as i couldnt "give away" my tv when i got a plasma fitted in living room. The other half wants something taking up less room hence she agreed.

The main reason i liked the logic 27" was the price and it has good reviews after searching on here. As for the medion I have had there DVD players before and been very impressed with them for the price

If its of intreast i have just found a 7.5% discount code for dixons aswell (it all helps !)

I've got the Medion and I'm very impressed with it for the price. Excellent PC monitor, nice DVD quality over component and Sky is ok (as good as it can be considering the compression).

where did you get the medions, and what sort of price?

The only ones I've seen are the dabs ones. Is that basically the best price around? In that case I'd go for the branded 17/23s - the hitachis are the same price now.

Dabs = Medion

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom