1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best inear headphones?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by SuperSaiyan4, Mar 23, 2005.

1. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Ok I have seen people talk about these SHURE in ear phones and I would like to know is this the best ones on the market for bass and quality?

2. Tony B

Tony B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    For bass, I would say they are absolutely pathetic.
    My standard iPod earphones (WITH foam covers) are far superior at the bottom end of the range. Higher up, don't know, did not bother to listen to them any more ....

I have a pair of E2cs available - only been worn for 5 minutes - for sale....

3. combustion

combustion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    check out the etymotic er6i's, I feel they have the best bass for high end isolating earphones... I love mine.

4. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Wow! $150 :s

5. drlau9

drlau9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a set of Sony EX71's And they are extremely comfortable to wear. The bass is really clear, If you listen to dance music, hip hop, rnb and stuff. I personally use the E5c's for acoustic music recording, I agree they are rather useless in the bass department but are very accurate/clear on higher pitched instrument (acoustic). If you set your ipod's eq setting to Voice boost, you can clearly hear the voice and the background music is nearly drowned. But for the Sony EX71's the voice seems a bit muffled, and the annoying bassline on the 'reduced' background music.

Both Headphones can stand the volume boost on Ipods, of up to +80db. That's without distortion.

If you want loud loud loud earphones consider to opt for open circuit ones, like the Sony MDR-Q55 with air technology.

6. thehilders

thehilders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  7. combustion

combustion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got mine for $99 here

8. Squaky

Squaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dunno if these lower end headphones r ne good to u, but i bought some senheiser MX 450's for £12 the other day, nd theyre great quality, much better than them sony MDR EX71's which i found absolutely terrible (and wasted £35 on!) I thinhk u can get the MX500's for only a little bit more. Just bare in mind that senheiser make the best headphones in the world!

9. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Actually, I would say Sennheiser make the second best headphones in the world. If you want true quality, try Grado Labs. I think they only make headphones, not ear buds, and they look a bit silly but they sound ace!!!!!

10. webchimp

webchimp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pair of Sennheiser MX500's and to be honest I'm not that impressed with them. To my ears they sound a bit thin and weedy.

I also have a pair of Sennheiser HD470, full size Headphones, these sound great, but I wouldn't leave the house wearing them, they're not that fetching to begin with and especially so with my electrical tape repair. :)

I would like to find some ear-bud type headphones, like the MX500's, with the richer sound of my full size headphones. Am I asking too much? I haven't tried them, but I don't like the idea of the headphones that you have to jam into your ear canal.

11. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12

Yeh, I think you may be asking too much!

I have Sennheiser PX100s, and MX 550s. The 550s sound waaaay better than the cheapo Sony ear buds that came with my HD3. They sound clean, crisp, and very clear. But if you want something with a lot of bass then I think you have to go for headphones. If I listen to my MX 550s immediately after listening to my PX100s, then the music sounds "uninteresting", if that makes sense!

I suggest the PX100s, as they have a slight emphasise on the bass. They don't look to bad either.

12. Squaky

Squaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i find that the mx450's r good for just casual listening, which really is what u want for a personal music player! ive spent £1200 on my hifi in my room but as long as i get enjoyment out of the music i listen to on my mp3 im happy. The sony in ear headphones r uncomfy and have crappy balance, the bass is much louder than the treble. Essentially, remember this is only a personal walkman so u wont get tip top quality neway! I got the mx450's nd im more than happy cos i can listen to the songs i want at more than good enough quality for less than £15!

13. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    I'm going to have to go old school on you all and reveal the actual answer: Aiwa HP-V99 :D

Sony's top end ones (what were they, MDR-E939 ?) are also fantastic. More affordable, if you can still find a pair, the Sony MDR-E848 are perfect.

Mike.

14. webchimp

webchimp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I took a look around and managed to find them for £27.00 delivered, which isn't too much to gamble, so we'll see.

Hmm, those Grado's look interesting too, in a 1950's wireless operator, retro, kind of way. :D