what's the best Hard Drive recorder for organising videos?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by azzo, Sep 13, 2007.

1. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi, I am looking for a Hard Drive recorder that will allow me to put videos into folders and maybe select videos via thumbnails. It has to be easy to use.

I want to say, put all of one series into a folder, and another series in another.- it's for storing all of the kids stuff which clogs up my sky+ box.
    Even better are there any that allow the copying of a DVD in it's entirety
    into a folder.

The recorders I saw around 2 years ago (when I last had one) all had the videos in one long list. (i.e. panasonics, toshibas and jvcs)

Many thanks for looking
    azzo

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,098
    I don't think such things are available.

But perhaps what you didn't know is that those lists you mention can be sorted by many different parameters [ Certainly true of the Panasonics... I would imagine others are the same ] ... so for example you could sort by Title name and all those programmes with the same name would then be adjacent in the same list.
    Folders are not required.

3. srhill

srhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Sounds like a 'Media Centre'?

4. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for the replies guys - yes sounds like a media center jobie - but gettting the stuff off sky+ onto a PC (or mac in my case) is a big chore.
    I guess I could burn a DVD, dump it to a machine and stream - but that is hard work (I am lazy) and would require a) a dvd recorder b) a streaming device c) a computer that is always on.
    This sort of feature is very easy to implement and would be very, very useful, I have sooo many short programs on my sky+ for the kiddies, all I want to do is organise them.
    Anyhow, thanks for the replies, I remember I had a panny once, it was the best of the bunch a few years ago (I think it was a model ending in 65 or something) I liked the user interface but had to return it because of terrible lip-sync issues. I also had a toshiba (xs34 or something) that I had to sell on because it was soooo noisy. Are the new batch of branded machines without fault these days?
    azzo