Whats the best Handset currently offered by 3?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by richcandy, Mar 22, 2006.

1. richcandy

richcandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi

I currently have a Nokia 6680 on a contract with “3”. I will be out of the minimum contract period in the middle of April.

Anyway 3 have called me a few times with regards to upgrading the handset. They offered me the V3x or a Nokia 6280. I ordered the V3x. However when I tried it at home I could not get any signal from “3”. Therefore I could not access 3’s services and only use my handset to make calls or send text. Were as with my old Nokia I had no problems getting “3” services at home. I have now returned the V3x

Two questions.

1) Has anyone else had this problem before with “3” were with one handset they have no problems getting “3” services and with another they cannot.

2) What should I upgrade to? I don’t really like the slide phone 6280. What are LG handsets like? And what currently is the best handset that 3 offer?

I asked if I could upgrade to a N70 and they said no!

Rich

2. drlau9

drlau9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hey mate,

Check out www.three.co.uk

I have the motorola v3x, what a fantastic piece of kit.

Dr.

3. RandomLee

RandomLee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,948
    Have you though about leaving 3?

The other networks now offer "3" type servies. O2's i-Mode for example, and you can get TV and video calls on Voda now too....

Then a whole new world of handsets will be a available to you... the SE W900 for example.

Also, keep in mind if you tell 3 you're thinking about leaving they could well offer you a better deal to stay, or indeed that N70, if available on their network. Then again, they may call you bluff and say goodbye!

As for the V3 vs 6280... I'd go for the Nokia as it seems to have far more features + it's a Nokia so it will be easy to use and take lots of abuse. The mew Motos seems to be designed with looks in mind rather than functionality.

4. andyturner28

andyturner28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Three have replaced the N70 with the 6280! don't ask me why. I mentioned this in The Link a couple of weeks ago and he said they could get one on three for me (remember, HUGE pinch of salt). I had already got a 6280 by then and given my N70 to my dad.
    The 6280 is a good phone, much better screen than the N70 but it has a problem with dust getting under the screen. I'm not too worried because i am waiting for the N80 to come out and the 6280 will go to my Mum.

5. SibTiger33

SibTiger33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238

hahaha u again!!???

6. SibTiger33

SibTiger33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    as long as u are not bothered about the camera then go with the v3x

motorolas are very easy to customise and are very rewarding if you take the time to learn how they work.

7. wallzy

wallzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    and how many contracts do you currantly have running:D

8. drlau9

drlau9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Tiger?? haha Long time no see :rotfl: I thought you were dead... Proper.... :hiya: hi Anyways... Hows the site going? still under construction? Yer.. I must agree modding moto's and being able to achieve something at the end of the line, is rather satisfying.

Some people may say it's better than sex :rolleyes: , well I wouldn't go that far. :thumbsup:

Speak to ya later tiger33.

Dr.

9. Chamber

Chamber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ONLY NOKIA PHONES, best choise at the moment N70 i think. Others are useless.

10. SibTiger33

SibTiger33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    yep im alive --- i think ??

11. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    both me and my wife have a v3x on three were both impresed with it
    i thought camera was pretty good for a phone

Attached Files:

12. SibTiger33

SibTiger33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    yep there is nothing wrong with the v3x at all but for people who are more used to nokia they tend to have problems adapting to motorolas system but if u give it time its well worth it

13. BT@HOME

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    Whats the best minutes/SMS vs cost that people have been offered directly from 3?

My two accounts are coming up to end of term, and they gave me a call last night. They offered 500mins/100SMS for £16, that would include an upgraded handset to any phone that they currently have. Is this a good deal? I could really do with more SMS, what are other people being offered at the moment?

Cheers

14. BT@HOME

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    Latest update makes it much faster, and even getting it debranded will make a difference.

Thats DRM. Blame the operators for that, they were the ones that asked for it.

15. BT@HOME

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    Thats just the way it was designed. Nothing you can do about that.

16. garyb9900

garyb9900

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    What sort of phone??????????????????????????????
    Good question, but all rather academic if you need to deal with 3 customer services. A process that will make you want to slit your wrists and wish you had never entered into a phone contract. I have never come across a more unhelpful and useless bunch of individuals in my entire life. So in my opinion, don't worry about the phone so much, but take this oppurtunity to get out of your contract with 3 and find another provider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please feel free to ask me about my long and sorry tale, especially if you seem to be suffering from a nasty case of insomnia. :mad:

17. Deeez Nuuutz

Deeez Nuuutz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,127
    Hi mate, i would like to hear about your sorry tale :rolleyes: as i'm looking at signing up with 3 when the n80 gets released and would like to know what i'm letting myself in for :D

18. garyb9900

garyb9900

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Well to cut a long story short, make sure you deal only with an actual 3 shop and never with the call centre as not only are they incredibly awkward to deal with but things just don't happen in the way they say. It seems to be that they really don't care about any inconvinience to you and because you are simply on the other end of a phone line its far too easy to pass you from one operator to another when dealing with problems.
    Any way back to the situation.
    I had an A1000 on contract with 3 and had issues with it dropping bluetooth connection to any bluetooth device when a call was terminated and unless you terminated the bluetooth connection within 20 secs of the call finishing it dropped the connection and froze out the device with the only way to re-establish being to turn off the phone and re-inistialize.
    This although frustrating, i delt with when using a headset, but became a real issue when trying to use a handsfree bluetooth car kit (tom tom). so i bit hte bullet and took the phone back to Carphone Warehouse (very helpful) to get a "software update". Well the phone went back 3 times and came back the same each time at which time it went back for replacment and came back with thte same case but new innards.
    Still no better and even worse it was difficult to even get a bluetooth connection. after this i simply asked 3 for another type of phone as obviously the A1000 had a major problem. They simply offered to take it back again to which i said no as it would simply come back the same and asked to get out of my contract which experied within a month. Finally on hearing this threat they put me through to the upgrades department who offered me a N70 but i had to sign up for another 12 months to get it. They also said i could have 1st 3 months at half price and i could have it on 7day trial to make sure i was happy.
    New handset arrives and within a day or 2 everyone says i have a really bad delay and they can hear themselves which makes talking to me really annoying. So i wait to see if its a network problem but finally by the 7th day its still not cleared so i call 3 services and inform them of the problem, which after going through an hour of discussion (blah, blah) we establish is an actual fault but i will have to speak to another department. Unfortunately being at work give me enough time to deal with this fully so i have to ring off and say i'll call back. On calling back day after next i find out thet because its gone over the 7 day trial i'll have to have a jiffy bag sent out to return the phone, and then they'll examine it, and then if no problem they'll send it back or if a problem send another............................................
    So long winded...........I say no I want an exchange but they refuse this as i'm now out of trial period even though i reported the prooblem within and worse still i tell them i'm totally f****d off by now and want out of this and they tell me because its gone over 7 day period, even though i never signed anything, I would now have to pay for the remaining 12 months of the contract to do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So i end acceoting the offer of the crap repair deal but never received the jiffy bag and well all i can do is just listen to people telling me there is an echo on my phone.
    Eventually i see a 3 shop opens up in Bluewater and go into see them, tell the assistant all the above and he synpathises with me and promises to investigate and get a jiffy bag sent to me (he tells me he can't take the phone off me). He never got back to me, bag never arrived and what the fudge i end up living with the echo. Untill i get anothe roppurtunity to go back in the shop and another assistant listens to the above, takes the phone off me examines it and lo and behold on this occasion the echo is'nt there but he says he will send it in for repair (apparently HE can) and now the phone is back and i've got to go in and pick it up.
    I'll let you know if its any better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Deeez Nuuutz

Deeez Nuuutz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,127
    Hi mate, real sorry to hear about that it sounds like you've been led right up the garden path! I feel for you. It sounds like a story straight out of NTL's customer service code of practice book. I hate them with a vengence - most useless and ignorant bunch of F****** i've come across in my life! :mad:

I'm currently with vodafone and looking at going through vodafone to get my n80 on 3 so don't know if this makes a difference. Hopefully i will be dealing with vodafone customer service still as i find them very good and have never have a problem, straight through to someone, very polite and always seem to sort out my problem immediately - :thumbsup: from me...

Wonder if anyone else has had similar problems with 3 and their customer service.

Let us know how you get on mate...

20. BT@HOME

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    Never had any problems with 3 or the service from the staff. I have two accounts with them. I've had to phone CS a few times and on each occasion the help was exactly what would be expected.

There's always a flip side to every coin, and I guess we got different sides.

21. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    i agree deff deal with a shop i dealt with the one at the merry hill centre west midds they cdnt be any more helpfull if they tried.
    3's actual customer service diff mater, if u call customer serices from u handset i think u get transferd to india were the majority of the reps u speak to arnt to good at speaking english.
    yet if u go to a actual 3 store u can asked to be put through to uk 3 customer services how mad is that.

but i guess three is just keeping its costs down to offer good prices on there network/handset etc

saying that though customer services is no way as bad as
    sky (please press 1 to hear 3 or 4 or get cut off)

ntl (lets transfer you to as many diff people we can think off)

comet (lets not offer instant replacment when the customer has a instant replacment insurance policy)

dvla (may as well get a chimp to press the numbers on the phone have more chance of getting through)

these are just a few companys i have dealt with

22. Ratinho

Ratinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    The CS isn't good, but it's no worse than o2 or T-Mobile. On the handsets now, you can control your entire account on My 3.

I had problems with them and the general service over a year ago, but over the past 6 months I haven't had one problem and my coverage is always spot on now.

I still think their handsets are a let down though. I got a 3 contract, sold the N70 (which is a pretty good one of theirs to be fair) and bought an N90 to use with 3. Only problem is that I can't get hold of the right 3g settings for it yet. /o\