What's the best Freeview Box ?

G

GlennP

Any suggestions for the best Freeview box available or are there any I should steer clear of.

Best is the Pioneer ...1000 (IMO)

Don't know which ones to avoid.

It's all a matter of opinion so expect to see nearly all brands listed in the replies!

Thanks. I think I'm going to need one that does well with weak signals. I did test my signal strength by hooking up a friend's STRONG SRT5000T and the signal strength shown for almost all channels was about 55-60%. The picture quality was pretty good even at that level but I'm sure there are better models out there that can improve on the quality.

I know the Panasonic TUCT20 is good but only if there's a strong signal so that model is out of the running.

I'm considering the Nokia 221T, Sony VTXD800, Pioneer DBRTF100 or the Humax F2-Fox T. Anyone got any comments on these models, especially in relation to coping with weak signal strength?

GlennP

Just got a freeview box myself and having read about a bit I found the Nokia 221t to have had some good feedback.

Now it's installed I can say it's a cracking picture / easy to operate.

Got mine from Curry’s online for circa 3104.00 inc del.

Regards,

Chris L.

Humax PVR8000T no question!:smashin:

Excellent picture, very good sensitivity, 40GB HDD for about 20h broadcast quality recording and can even freeze live tv while you make a cuppa. About £149 from online sources such as QED and DABS.

Pace Twin:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom