*Whats The Best Digital TV Aerial For A Toshiba WLT66 32" LCD TV*

HybridAlien

Standard Member
Reaction score
Whats The Best Digital TV Aerial For A Toshiba WLT66 32" LCD TV with built in freeview,

Cause im using a really old aerial now and its crap so im just wondering what is the best one to get for my type of T.V

Thanks

A Aerial that plugs in the back of a tv, a have in the room aerial

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A DIGITAL AERIAL!!!

Sorry to shout but the term "digital aerial" is just a ploy by installers/ suppliers to charge a higher price.

At present freeview digital transmissions are on a much lower power than the analogue transmissions - in my local case it is one hundredth of the power!So firstly one may require a higher gain Aerial to receive digital transmissions particularly if you are some distance from the transmitter,

Secondly in order to avoid interference the digital transmision frequencies (channels) are often significantly diferent to the local analogue channels and are also spread about. So a wider bandwidth aerial is also sometimes necessary

In my local case my aerial is designed to receive Group A as my analogue channels are 21,23,27,31 and (also on reduced power) 39 for C5, Freeview multiplexes are on 41.42.44.45,46, and 67!. With my existing aerial at about 20 miles from the transmitter I get 100% except for C46 at about 50% and C67 at 95%+.

The Weather and how many pigeons are sitting on the aerial does have an effect on C46 and occasionally C67 reception.

So for reception of freeview you may need to install a higher gain/and/or ahigher bandwidth aerial. Such beasties can be purchased for £20-30. Installation should be no more than £50 inc VAT (1 hour)

Appears there was a crossed post. Are you really stuck with an indoor aerial?. If so where are you (postcode please)? What way NSEW does the window in the room face. Is this room on the ground floor or in a high level flat- please specify. If a flat do you have a balcony? Is a loft or roof aerail an option

Given this info may be able to make some positive suggestions = your new TV certainly deseves a decent signal!

Ditto everything analogue said.

My bedroom TV aerial is in the loft and is high gain (36 element) I get perfect freeview and I am about 40 miles from Crystal Palace.

I can point it at Sudbury too but thats not so good.

If you are stuck with an indoor aerial you will be lucky to get a decent signal even if you use an amplifyer because you are only amplyfying a bad signal (if that makes sense) I know what I mean.

Basically GET THE AERIAL ON THE ROOF AND METER BEAMED.
Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom