1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's the best converter scart to component or scart to s-video?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by music, May 5, 2005.

1. music

music

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    coming out of my sky pace bax is an rgb scart which I want to run to yamaha DSP 750SE amplifier. Has component in and s-video in. Aiming for component out to plasma. Which is the best conversion method? Scart to component or scart to s-video?

Thanks for any opinions.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,466
    music

Assuming your Plasma Display or TV is equipped with YUV 'Component' Inputs then converting SCART RGB to YUV 'Component' is the better of the two conversions your considering.

If your Plasma Display or TV is equipped with SCART sockets and they are RGB enabled then your possibly better going direct to the Display (SCART to SCART) and not via the AV Receiver or any form of converter.

If you do go with an RGB2YUV solution and then switch via your AV Receiver you need to ensure the YUV Inputs on your Plasma Display or TV are compatible with an Interlaced PAL signal 576i(50) - most are these days but best not to assume anything as you don't mention which Display you have.

Best regards

Joe