1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the best connection for 3910 to 50hd

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lack300, Mar 16, 2005.

1. lack300

lack300

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hi i have just purchased a Denon 3910 to connect to my panasonic TH-50PHD6 resolution on panny is 1366*768, i Have DVI input board coming later this week. i also have a component RGB board fitted. how should i connect the DVD player for best results as this is by far more important to me. do i use HDMI-DVI or DVI-DVI or component to comp. also in the setup menu what are the best settings. i currently use a Sony dvpns900 to this unit but is a little grainy it was superb on my 42"pw6 which is now in me Bedroom this was hooked up via comp on both screens. I know the sony does not even have progressive scan but it was an exellent purchase, will i see a Difference with the new Denon or will it be hard to tell.
    Many thanks "T"...........

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,467
    lack300

I'd suggest you try both Analogue and Digital and see if one is a clear winner for you or not - you'll want to try 480P(60) vs. 720P(60) with your R1 discs and 576P(50) vs. 720P(60) with your R2 disks; its relatively painless to switch between the various modes on the DVD player.

The TY-42TM6DB DVI card comes complete with a 3m DVI2DVI cable so easy enough to test that out and it sounds like you already have a set of analogue YUV cables.

Keep in mind the Display loads up different memory banks depending on what signal your inputting so use a test disc and tweak the screen for every signal type 480P(60), 576P(50) and 720P(60).

Best regards

Joe

3. lack300

lack300

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Cheers Joe i will give it a go.