Whats the best 50" plasma for 1k or less ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Donja, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Donja

Donja
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all,

Looking for some advice guys, since dixons sc**ed me over for my 5 series at xmas I am missing a tv i promised myself. It will be for the upstairs spare room about 9ft viewing distance and will be used for movies through a ps3 and gaming and also htpc ie my pc I could run sky through to it as well but not sure if its worth the hassle just now.

Its basically to allow me to escape from the dreaded disney channel my 3yr is glued to or the dreaded UK soap operas the wife is addicted to as soon as the wee one gets to her bed.

I have a samsung 40" m87 1080p (1200 well spent when it came out NOT !! lol ) that I have surrendered to the wife and kid so looking for a large screen tv for gaming movies etc when I get a spare sec. But the choice is so confusing :confused:

Like i said was going to get the samsung 5 series for 699 in the sales but dixons f*** it up so I didnt get it and is back up to 999 now :mad:

But saw a site with it at 860, but I have also saw a lot of good reviews on the lg6000 but thats only 720p just now but do you really notice the difference ?

Plus you can get the lg6000 for 711 just now.

if i went for the 6000 i could get also afford a wee surround set up as well :)

But would I kick myself for not going 1080p for the best PQ as I do love a good film when I actually get the house to myself ;)

Any advice much appreicated.

thanks

D

2. bladedripper

bladedripper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,527
    A 50" tv for the spare bedroom:eek: very nice,id have a look at the panasonics.:smashin:

3. J4CK DANIELS

J4CK DANIELS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    forget Pana... if you're having a 50" in the spare room you can afford a pioneer!

4. guicane

guicane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought a LG 50PG3000 for £649 and couldn't be happier.

Lot's of gaming and Sky HD and it looks gorgeous. No screen burn-in at all!

5. Double07

Double07

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also recently purchased one of these as I managed to pick it up for £600 delivered which I thought was too good to turn down. As previous poster I am very happy, and indeed quite surprised by the set. All in all for £600 I couldn't have asked for more. Im sure there are better sets but for that money it's a steal.