1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best 32" Philips without subwoofer?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by BlackHole, Oct 23, 2002.

1. BlackHole

BlackHole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm buying for the first time new 32" 100Hz TV. I decided to go for Philips, but i noticed that models with more features all have built-in subwoofer with 4 or 6 speakers. Thing is, that i don't need all those speakers and dolby dekoder(s), because i have separate 5.1 dolby digital system with hi-fi speakers and active subwoofer. So, i'm asking you, which model number offer greatest pictures and specs without built in subwoofer and 6 speakers. You know what i mean?!
    Is there a noticable difference between Crystal Clear III and Digital crystal clear? Which features (Digital Natural Motion, 100Hz Digital Scan,...) are MUST HAVE from your viewing point?

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
  3. BlackHole

BlackHole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I looked there, thanks, but it's difficult to look at the specs for every model. Am i wrong or is the 32PW8717 the one, that i look for?
    Does this model have picture in picture (dual picture)?

4. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    i don`t know but i`m getting 32pw9576. it has crystal clear 3 plain 100hz. nicam as i have an amp this model has duel screen.when i set my dvd up on this tv in store the picture was great.i`m getting it tonight i was ment to get it lastnight but the store let me down.i`m swaping it for the tosh 32zd26.i`ll let you know what i think of it when i set it up & play a few dvds.
    ps welcome to the av forum

5. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    update 32pw8717 & 32pw9576 are almost the same apart from the 9576 has 1 more scart socket & is 30watts rms & the 8717 is 20watts rms.both have dual screen that is picture & text side by side not picture in picture.

6. BlackHole

BlackHole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which model is the closest to 32PW9525 that does have all the features, but does not have built-in subwoofer and speakers?
    How do i know which model has picture in picture (side by side), because on Philips.co.uk i can't find those specs.

7. BlackHole

BlackHole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also compared these two models and found that 32pw8717 doesn't support 100Hz feature, but has 100Hz digital scan.
    32pw9576 has both, 100Hz and 100Hz digital scan. 32pw9576 has only 100Hz digital scan also, same as 32pw8717. What is the difference here?

On this page we see, that 32PW9576 have DIGITAL Crystal clear, but on Philips it is only Crystal Clear III, not digital. Which is right?

8. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    i don`t know mate i`ve looked on the philips site at the 32pw9525 it says dual screen which is picture & text side by side not pictutre in picture.if you go the philips site click on the 32pw9525 then click compare you can compare this set with all the other 32" tvs.it will only take 30mins.then you will get the tv you need.let me know how you get on.

9. BlackHole

BlackHole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, i compared almost all interesting 32" sets with PW9525 and found out that 9576 should be the one i'm looking for. 9576 also has little less features than 9525, but when i saw the price of it, i was shoked :eek: . If i convert it in UK £.

32PW9525 - £1110
    32PW9576 - £1625
    32PW9527 - £1350

It is even more expensive as 9527 witch has PIXEL PLUS. Can anyone explain this to me?

10. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    blackhole i`m getting the 9576 for £1000.00 from empire direct but currys also do it at that price.the stand on the 9576 is intergrated so when i went to get it last night it would not go in the small van. so i`ll have to go with a trailer tonight to get it. i hope it will go through the door as i don`t won`t to have to take it out of the box to get it in the house.

11. BlackHole

BlackHole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not buying original Tv stand. I will just upgrade my old (<1 year) home made A/V stand. Now, i think i will go for Sony 32KvFX66.:blush:

12. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    i was going to get a sony 32ls60 but went for the 9576 funny how we change are minds.but anyway good luck :D

13. BlackHole

BlackHole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe someone can help me. It has nothing to do with Philips TVs anymore. I will get my TV next week, but i would like to prepare the stand (upgrade old one) for it before i get it. Dimension for SONY 32KV FX66 are (WHD): 883 x 567 x 562 mm.
    But, i don't know what is the size of footprint at the bottom. I would like to make a shelf just few mm bigger as footprint of this TV. Can anyone help me? I hope you understood me.:blush: I'm not even sure if this Tv set is on three feets or on the flat base. If it is on three feets, then i need dimensions of rectangle.:D