What's the Best 32" LCD for Standard Definition Viewing?

G

GasAttacK

I'm looking to buy a new 32" TV for my parents; preferably full HD.

They don't need computer connectivity, internet access, SD card reader or anything fancy. Even sound quality isn't that important.

What I'm looking for is a set that offers the best standard definition and HD picture quality.

They don't have Sky HD yet so the standard definition picture is the most important.

Price isn't really an issue if the set is worth the money.

I would really appreciate any suggestions and advice.

Sony W5500 or Toshiba XV635 would be a good bet. The Sony is the better set overall but Toshiba are supposed to be very good for SD.

Thanks for your reply.

I've seen a few reviews on the Sony W5500 and it does sound like a good set. Some say it suffers a little from fade if you're not viewing it straight on but thats about the only complaint.

Can't find any reviews on the Toshiba XV635 though. Have you seen any?

How do the following 2 TV's compare to the Sony and Toshiba models?

Panasonic TX-L32G10
Samsung LE32B650

The Sony is probably top of the tree for TV viewing - also consider the 32V5500 if the 100hz feature on the W isn't needed for lots of sport

I have a Samsung 650, its got the best blacks of any LCD I've seen and the internal scaling and DVD scaling are really fantastic, as for sky I'm not sure (asking the question myself on another thread but not limiting myself to 32inch)

The 530/550 are reportedly the same screen as the 650 but without the multimedia gubbins, the 530 can be had arround the £350 mark at richer sound, which makes its the bargain of the moment if you ask me.

I think I'm probably going to go with the Sony W5500 but the Samsung 530 is certainly tempting at £350. I hope to check them both out in store this weekend.

Yes iI am also looking for virtually the same thing, I was also recommended the screens mentioned above, but also the Panasonic 37' X10 (it is not full HD though)

I've seen this calibrated in shops and the HD at least really blew me away it was great, but they couldn't set it up for SD which was annoying =] The W5500 has another mention here, as is the Toshiba and Samsung but which is best for SD?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom