What's that recent DVD in the last year where the sub comes up through the ice?

atmoscinema

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I think it starts off at the submarine docks where all the men are getting ready.

There's a making of on the DVD as well, where they show you the models coming up through fake ice.

Can't even think who's in it now. I've seen it as well.

:)

K-19, The Widowmaker. Starring harrison Ford 7 Liam Neeson.

£7.99 in Virgin & HMV...also intheir respective 3/4 for £20 deals... :thumbsup:

Yes, that's it, cheers peeps.

I wanted to rent it again and check it out with my current Philips 32PW6505 tv, to see if the tv still flashed in the making of extras, with the fake snow scenes.

Just checked out the DVD and the tv doesn't flash in the extras section with the areas of white now.

It flashed uncontrollably on areas of white on this DVD when I got this tv a year ago. The tv seems to have run in over the year I assume and doesn't seem to flashuncontrollably. Mind you, I've had the Contrast turned down to 66, Natural is 81, which is what it was at when I first got it. I've turned it up to 70 now, to see how it goes, as I've been paranoid about the pic not being bright enough.

:)

£4.99 (or cheaper :) ) at (where else) CDWOW.

I liked it. Its not a typical sub film. There are no action scenes as such, its mostly drama and there is a very ominous atmosphere throughout (no happy ending etc.). Its definitely worth a look for that price.

A sub (the Nautilus) comes up through the ice in 'The league of extraordinary gentlemen' :rolleyes:

Wolvreen said:
Is it any good?

Excellent, if harrowing, true story.

Wayne Moule said:
Excellent, if harrowing, true story.

I'll second that, just dont engage your brain for Harrison Ford's Accent - think Sean Connery in The untouchables Or Don Cheadles "cockney" in Oceans 11.

But other than that its a solid 8/10 movie, well worth a go.

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom