What's so good about iPad 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrNookie

Ex Member
Reaction score
NO USB ports, NO SD card slot, NO flash support.

I suppose it's the "cool" thing to buy. :laugh:

Keep buying all the Apple you can. Steve Jobs will be very happy!:laugh::laugh:

I was thinking the same why spend over £400 on a pad when you can buy a decent laptop which offer more functionality. However after buying it I have not put it down. I have a work laptop and all I use it for is browsing the web and social networking in the evening. The iPad is soooo easy to use with no power up waiting time plus all the apps.

Sent from my iPad using AVForums

I was thinking the same why spend over £400 on a pad when you can buy a decent laptop which offer more functionality. However after buying it I have not put it down. I have a work laptop and all I use it for is browsing the web and social networking in the evening. The iPad is soooo easy to use with no power up waiting time plus all the apps.

I would sooner buy an Android tablet. I really dislike Apple.

DrNookie said:

So you're gripe is more at tablets then?

I must admit, I hate everything Apple!

Got lost in the AVForums system then and ended up in Apple's forums? I think there's a name for that.

DrNookie said:

I have a Android phone ;)

IMO still think Android have some catching up with the apps.

DrNookie said:
No. Tablets are good. If they have the following - flash support, usb ports, sd card slot.

Then the iPad is not for you, check out the laptops and tablets board for android/windows tablet

DrNookie said:
No. Tablets are good. If they have the following - flash support, usb ports, sd card slot.

there's an attachment for sd cards. flash for videos is getting less and less with most vid supported for iPad use. who needs flash games with the app store and what do u need USB for?????

Sent from my iPad 2 using the best app. AVForum

also the iPad is not a replacement for a laptop. u need a laptop to run the iPad so things the iPad can't do, u can use ur laptop.

wright8 said:
u need a laptop to run the iPad so things the iPad can't do, u can use ur laptop.

Well mainly to sync and back up

At the moment, tablets are mainly for content consumption and limited content creation; hence why iOS and Android are not full blown desktop style OS's

there's an attachment for sd cards. flash for videos is getting less and less with most vid supported for iPad use. who needs flash games with the app store and what do u need USB for?????

Why should the internet change for apple? flash is the dominant form for online video. I personally would like to connect my external hd into such a device. To transfer files across and watch my vast collection of movies.

The apple attachment for sd cards is meant for photos and videos, from a digital camera. To use the sd card properly the device has to be hacked.

Well mainly to sync and back up

At the moment, tablets are mainly for content consumption and limited content creation

The iPad certainly is. But the Asus eee pad transformer is not.

also the iPad is not a replacement for a laptop. u need a laptop to run the iPad so things the iPad can't do, u can use ur laptop.

An android tablet is a replacement for a Laptop.

DrNookie said:
An android tablet is a replacement for a Laptop.

can u play DVDs from the tablet????

DrNookie said:
Is their a need to play DVD's?

yes. I have over 50 that I can play on a laptop or computer but not a tablet. lol. was wondering if u can plug in a DVD rom/player into a tablet?

yes. I have over 50 that I can play on a laptop or computer but not a tablet. lol. was wondering if u can plug in a DVD rom/player into a tablet?

I'm sure an external dvd drive would be able to connect to one.

It's the latest must have gimmic gadget for the dumb people to use as they are too thick to use a proper computer, and most importantly want to look cool in front of their friends with the latest gadget.

That's why I have one anyway!!! :laugh: :D

It's the latest must have gimmic gadget for the dumb people to use as they are too thick to use a proper computer, and most importantly want to look cool in front of their friends with the latest gadget.

That's why I have one anyway!!! :laugh: :D

Some truth at last. Also be sure to use it while sitting outside Costa Coffee. :laugh:

Last edited:
I'm sad no tablet let's me plug in my SLI Geforce graphics cards and RAID 0 disk array.

Actually my laptop doesn't either. Maybe things just have different purposes.

The iPad does enough: I got the SD card adaptor which I use to read my photos in, works fine. I don't need SD for anything else. The pack also came with a USB adapter which I use to plug my MIDI keyboard in for garageband.

Flash is buggy as hell in any platform, especially these new mobile things. Don't need buggy things.

Well, what you have got is a) an infraction for trolling/ thread spoiling/ pointless thread and b) a locked thread.

Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom