• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What's on your Desktop?

Dan_Nufc

Evening All :thumbsup:

I dont know if this has been done before but I thought I'd start a thread on what people have on their desktops and see if it reflects your personailty?. :D

So I'm gonna start off with mine. I like it nice and tidy, just like my women lol :smashin:

Untitled-1.jpg

Hairy

Here's my wallpaper.

Attachments

• 20%20and%20made%20it%20like%20this.jpg
    20%20and%20made%20it%20like%20this.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 79

huntere

Heres mine

Taked 2 years ago in Scotland at my 40th birthday bash - look at the weather - that was actually taken Dec 18th!

Attachments

• 107_0778.JPG
    107_0778.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 82

Kahled

Well here's mine.... at least with people posting pics of J-Lo and Halle Berry I can have no shame in admitting my crush for a certain Shannen Doherty :cool:

Attachments

• shannen_desktop2.jpg
    shannen_desktop2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 159

dodger747

Here's my Windows desktop:

1166268840_orig.JPG

Haven't got my Mac on me atm but I have a rather nice NASA picture on that...:thumbsup:

RoNaLdiNhO

Dan_Nufc i like your setup the weather thing at the top right and the time bottom right and the style how do you get it like that please?

dodger747 yours is nice also how you get that ?

Will see which is easier for me to do and try to duplicate that one since i'm not that good at computer stuff :)

dodger747

I use Aston shell.

Its a really simple programme to use. Download it and a style that you like [available from Deviant or the Aston website]. Run the Aston programme and select which theme/style you want and thats pretty much it.

Everything can move around and be configured to suit what you want and there are thousands of themes to choose from. I also find it much more stable than the windows desktop, but that may be because I don't use my pc for as much strenuous stuff as I used to...:thumbsup:

L

lisa burrell

My desk top a gretsch white falcon

for the People who are not IT Friendly

to copy your desktop

press control press print screen

open paint in accessories and

click edit click paste

save as jpeg not a bmp

if the image is to big for the forum

download ifanview

drag and drop into infranview

chose image tab

chose re sample

chose smaller

then you must click save in the file options

hope this helps

Attachments

• my desk top.jpg
    my desk top.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 72

smelly

Here's mine.......niiiiicccceeeeee....hubba hubba :D

Attachments

• Desktop (Small).jpg
    Desktop (Small).jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 73

Steven

Senior Moderator
untitled-3.jpg

Style-XP with 'Longhorn Aero' theme
Widgets - widescapeweather, minisys
Rainlendar with 'Foton' skin
Iconpackager - I alternate between 'smooth metal' and 'blackOS'
Wallpaper - Miss Knightley

untitled2-2.jpg

Nera System (vista) logon screen, loaded with stylexp
Mini pic says 'why be normal?'

Soz if its too big, imageshack is slow for me, and I can't be bothered manually making thumbnail codes. Any mod can go ahead and do it for me though!

CFC1

Distinguished Member
Quick question: How come everytime I include a photo attachment, it comes into my post as a thumbnail? How do I get it big like you guys? :lease:

Steven

Senior Moderator
We use photo hosting sites; imageshack, photobucket, flickr etc, rather than use the forums bandwidth (and for personal organisational needs)

CFC1

Distinguished Member
We use photo hosting sites; imageshack, photobucket, flickr etc, rather than use the forums bandwidth (and for personal organisational needs)

Bah.... that's another one you've got up on me! :D

But not for long!.... cheers matey! :thumbsup:

Predictably, here's my wallpaper.......

dodger747

I had a look at Aston Shell as mentioned on the previous page, really impressed!

Glad you like it, it really is a great programme...:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom