What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021 - news discussion

Good news about Bosch, and New Amsterdam. Seems like things are starting to pick up again as the pandemic eases. Just need the last series of Better Call Saul to keep me busy.

looking forward to Loki - who doesn’t like a bad guy - george

The only one that appeals is Loki.

Shame about Owen Wilson though.

Lightweight at best and not a patch on Tom Huddlestons talent.

Bosch wins.

Still largely slim pickings for me though, hence why I'm re-watching The Shield.

I think we'll be waiting a while yet for Better Call Saul @Clem_Dye

Loki is the only one here for me. When it's done we'll grab another Month's Disney+ & do a Binge catch up. :)
(Owen Wilson doesn't bother me, as long as he is playing Own Wilson, as in Armageddon)

Can’t wait for Bosch, and the news Titus Welliver will be returning as the character is extremely welcome!

Disney have announced they're closing the FOX linear channel in the UK in June and moving much of it's content over to Disney+. This will mean more shows for the streaming service, including new original content such as Deep State and War Of The Worlds appearing, presumably, on Star. AMC's The Walking Dead is also expected to be put on Disney+/Star.

Last edited:
Be sad to see Bosch end, loved every second of the series and Titus is one amazing talent on see....
More Bosch please in the spin-offs....

Not much that I’m interested in bar Loki, have been looking out for Jeff Bridges new drama but no sign of that either. Looks like a case of drowning in content again, the few quality shows ( recent being Mare of Easttown) are still head and shoulders above the rest.

It's nearly June? You could have fooled me, somebody should tell the weather gods.
Off topic and boring but just to say my wife has pointed there are now flowers on the roses so far this year. The only answer I could suggest to her was to purchase some indoor entertainment such a 65 inch OLED. Lets see how that pans out :cool:

Updated 20-May-2021 Disney+

4th June - Air Force One
4th June - Courage Under Fire
4th June - Doc McStuffins S5 Ep1-14
4th June - Marvel Studios Legends
4th June - The Americans S1-6
4th June - The Full Monty
4th June - Us Again

11th June - Africa's Hidden Wonders S1, Ep1-3
11th June - Body of Proof S1-3
11th June - Calendar Girls
11th June - End of Days
11th June - The Counsellor
11th June - The Gloaming S1
11th June - The Long Road Home S1
11th June - Heroes of The Long Road Home with Martha Raddatz

18th June - Ancient X-Files S2, Ep1-13
18th June - An Innocent Man
18th June - Bunk'd S5, Ep1-5
18th June - Gigantosaurus S2, Ep1-10
18th June - Hide and Seek
18th June - Hitman
18th June - Hitman: Agent 47
18th June - Kingdom of the Mummies S1
18th June - Star S1-3
18th June - Star Wars: Droids S1-2

25th June - Air Crash Investigation S5,7,8,10,11,13-19
25th June - Baptiste S1
25th June - Coyote Ugly
25th June - Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo
25th June - PJ Masks S4 final episodes
25th June - Pride

Thoroughly recommend the Americans if you enjoy a bit of espionage and cold war shenanigans.

Thoroughly recommend the Americans if you enjoy a bit of espionage and cold war shenanigans.

We were expecting it to turn up on Star once Amazon’s right were up in March. When the show was first announced, I thought who’d be interested in a Cold War show like that in this age of Homeland. But it’s been a surprising success.

Updated 01-Jun-2021 Amazon Prime Video:

1st June - Bad Teacher
1st June - Saint Maud
1st June - Justice League
1st June - Mother!
1st June - Ronin
4th June- Dom S1
4th June - When Eagles Dare
4th June - The Outpost
10th June - The Departed
11th June - National Theatre Live
18th June - Our Friend
21st June - Reality Bites
25th June - Legally Blonde
25th June - Legally Blonde 2
25th June - Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
25th June - The Ice Road
26th June - The Emoji Movie
27th June - The Escape Room

And like buses... :rotfl:

Not much else there of interest for me; maybe a bit of Mr Leeson and that's it. :(

Looks like Amazon are quietly releasing The Outpost which I think was set for a theatrical release last year and I did wonder if The Ice Road would end up having a streaming debut once Netflix announced the US release date…

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom