What's new on UK streaming services for February 2022 - news discussion

I don't see any UK streaming services here - these are all American. Where is Sky, iPlayer, C4, ITV & Britbox content ? - these are the real UK streaming services.

Last edited:
I think Uma Thurman has aged well, she looks more attractive now than when she was younger.

Pam and Tommy, Reacher, Suspicion and Severance for me. Something to watch as Netflix' Feb line up isn't great... The King's Man saved me a trip to the cinema!

Mrs.Maisel is outstanding, genuinely one of the best shows in ages and Rachel Brosnahan is a force of nature. I'm curious to see how Severance and Suspicion turn out. Apple are on a roll at the moment.

I don't see any UK streaming services here - these are all American. Where is Sky, iPlayer, C4, ITV & Britbox content ? - these are the real UK streaming services.

The definition of a UK streaming service is surely a streaming service which is available in the UK. I have no interest who owns the services or where the content comes from, I only care about the quality of the writing, acting, and direction. (and obviously the AV quality!)

The definition of a UK streaming service is surely a streaming service which is available in the UK. I have no interest who owns the services or where the content comes from, I only care about the quality of the writing, acting, and direction. (and obviously the AV quality!)
Fine - so tell me, where is the content from Sky, iPlayer, C4, ITV & Britbox ? these are surely UK streaming services too ? or dont they matter ?

Fine - so tell me, where is the content from Sky, iPlayer, C4, ITV & Britbox ? these are surely UK streaming services too ? or dont they matter ?
I've never looked into Britbox, do they have new/original content? I just assumed it was a way of streaming older series?

iPlayer is mostly a catch up service. Sky, ITV, C4 are live TV & not streamed (but do have catch up which is streamed) having their content published up to two weeks in advance and accessible via your TVs channel guide and BritBox is just an oldies collection.

Last edited:
I've never looked into Britbox, do they have new/original content? I just assumed it was a way of streaming older series?
Britbox does have some new/original content, details on their website.

Andy does actually cover Sky and NOW every month.

Here's January's:

I imagine February's is not far behind this update.

I think you just answered your own question.

That's a little unfair I admit, but they're certainly much less interesting to many.

Thats what an old skool tv recorder is for like v+ or sky now or one the many android boxes.

Iplayer C4 & ITV/STV player all have what has been previously broadcast.

Sky/now tv has a seperate listing as does netflix.

As for Britbox name puts me off, now if it was called Scotbox, I might be interested. Especially if Braveheart, Highlander, Rob Roy are on a continual loop. ;)

The Kid who would be King is a lot of fun. It's an unusual film because it's perfectly steered at younger kids (my 5 and 7 year old love it) - but probably doesn't appeal to teenagers AT ALL. It didn't make money - but it's a proper old-fashioned adventure and really enjoyable, if you've got the right aged audience.

I'll have a look at Tommy and Pam, but can't say I'll be committing to it.

The King's Man so soon is a nice bonus, as I decided to sidestep it at the cinema.

Not much else there though, which is a good job as I've got a ton of stuff to catch up on!

Britbox does have some new/original content, details on their website.
Had a look, nothing of interest to me. The appeal seems to be the back catalogue comedies by the looks of it.

The Kid who would be King is a lot of fun. It's an unusual film because it's perfectly steered at younger kids (my 5 and 7 year old love it) - but probably doesn't appeal to teenagers AT ALL. It didn't make money - but it's a proper old-fashioned adventure and really enjoyable, if you've got the right aged audience.
Agreed - decent film, good fun.

Looking fwd to the Jack Reacher series just to finally see an actor who has the required physical attributes ,unllike Cruise in the films .

just Reacher for me....reading the latest book ...

Updated 20-Jan-2022 - Disney+:

4th Feb - Kingsman: The Golden Circle
4th Feb - The Longest Ride
4th Feb - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
4th Feb - Torn

9th Feb - Secrets of Sulphur Springs S2
11th Feb - The Thing About Harry
11th Feb - Table 19
11th Feb - High Strung

16th Feb - The French Dispatch
18th Feb - Predator
18th Feb - Predator 2
25th Feb - Snatched
25th Feb - The Imposters

Happy to see The Kings Man coming to D+. Will finally get to see if the scenes I did as an extra made the final cut :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom