What's new on UK streaming services for August 2021

lostinspace

I will be well peed off if it's not the full length version of Aliens in 4k. Nothing else will do for me because to date my D+ subscription has been a waste of money.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
'What If...?' looks fun.

ggwoodland

I think Netflix is going to have up its game as Prime, Disney+ and ATV seems to be getting more of my viewing time. What If should be interesting I enjoyed the comics. StarGirl was surprisingly watchable and Batista vs Momoa should be fun - george

CriticalMass77

Standard Member
I will be well peed off if it's not the full length version of Aliens in 4k. Nothing else will do for me because to date my D+ subscription has been a waste of money.
I'd be very surprised if it's in 4k. Disney seem to be quite happy to put most of their inherited content out in HD. I'm pretty sure James Cameron hasn't yet got around to overseeing 4k transfers of Aliens, the Abyss etc because he's making a million sequels to Avatar that nobody really wants. Having said that I really hope I'm wrong.
I agree with you about Disney+ in general - compared to Prime and Netflix they haven't put anywhere near enough content out there and next month the price goes up...

La Finta Nonna

What if worth a look and will stay with star girl and I am still laughing at the thought of My Cousin Vinny a lawyer who was apparently a role model for Rudy Guiliani

lostinspace

I'd be very surprised if it's in 4k. Disney seem to be quite happy to put most of their inherited content out in HD. I'm pretty sure James Cameron hasn't yet got around to overseeing 4k transfers of Aliens, the Abyss etc because he's making a million sequels to Avatar that nobody really wants. Having said that I really hope I'm wrong.
I agree with you about Disney+ in general - compared to Prime and Netflix they haven't put anywhere near enough content out there and next month the price goes up...
My mistake, I thought Aliens had been released on 4k disc. Alien is available on 4k though so they should release that for a start.
It's time Cameron realised he will never top T2, Aliens, Abyss and True Lies. Avatar was OK but we hadn't really seen anything like it before and that made it so successful. It's not in the same class.

fordster

Clearly I’m odd as I thought StarGirl shouldn’t have got a second episode never mind season. It was so bad it made Batwoman look good!

Disney+ to me actually seems the one to have the best content but maybe that’s because as a relative newcomer there is still plenty to watch. Amazon doesn’t really count as a paid for streaming service for us as we’ve had prime delivery for so many years anyway. I stopped the Netflix subscription several months ago as we’d watched pretty much everything we were bothered about and their new content is always just the same things rehashed. How they can get away with the pricing structure they have is beyond me. I’d rather just wait a few months and buy the odd thing that they have that we like (e.g. Lucifer and Cobra Kai).

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Is the final season of The Walking Dead an exclusive for Disney - i.e. is it scheduled to be broadcast on Sky/Now at any point?

And if not is this due to the Fox channel disappearing off Sky?

Last edited:

Andy Bassett

Standard Member
Staff member
Updated 26-Jul-2021 - Disney:

4th Aug - Drain the Oceans S2
4th Aug - Marvel Studios Legends
4th Aug - Muppet Babies S3 Ep1-15

11th Aug - Banged Up Abroad S10
11th Aug - Big Hero 6: The Series S3
11th Aug - Bless the Harts S1-2
11th Aug - Blowing Kisses
11th Aug - Deadly Instincts S1
11th Aug - Puppy Dog Pals S4 Ep1-10

13th Aug - Green Card
13th Aug - When in Rome

18th Aug - Ancient China From Above S1
18th Aug - Brain Games S8
18th Aug - Big City Greens S2 Ep15-30
18th Aug - Gigantosaurus S2 Ep11-20
18th Aug) - Mixed-ish S1
18th Aug - The Accident
18th Aug - Ultimate Supercar S1
18th Aug - Wild Argentina S1

20th Aug - 28 Days Later
20th Aug - 28 Weeks Later
20th Aug - Chasing the Equinox
20th Aug - Spy
20th Aug - Survive and Advance

Last edited:

Andy Bassett

Standard Member
Staff member
Updated 27-Jul-2021 - Disney:

11th Aug - Goofy's 'How to Stay at Home' Shorts

25th Aug - Baghdad Central S1
25th Aug - Bunk'd S5 Ep10-21
25th Aug - Ice Road Rescue S4
25th Aug - Lost Cities with Albert Lin S1
25th Aug - McCartney 3,2,1
25th Aug - Mickey Mixed up Adventures S3

27th Aug - Buried Truth of Maya
27th Aug - Confessions of a Shopaholic
27th Aug - Snoopy and Charlie Brown: The Peanuts Movie

Last edited:

EllieMF

Novice Member
I've been a little disappointed with netflix as of late, especially the amount of cancellations of good shows, there won't be anything worth watching soon.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom