What's new on Sky and NOW UK for September 2021

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Thanks. I'm still enjoying Billions although it's not as good as the first few seasons and has probably passed its sell-by date now. But that won't stop me watching more... :rotfl:

Gambit1977

For anyone interested, I thoroughly recommend ALONE. From the maker of Black Summer, it's a really small but perfectly formed little thriller.

AGB75

Standard Member
Another unconvincing line up from Sky Cinema this month; they must be saving up their heavy hitters for Christmas

Toon Army

The first half hour of Russell Howard's previous shows are invariably funny and then they drop off considerably.

Andy Bassett

Standard Member
Staff member
Update 26-Aug-2021:

8th Sep - Beast Beast
th Sep - No Man's Land
11th Sep - Pixie
12th Sep - Minari
13th Sep - Hero Mode
14th Sep - End of Sentence
15th Sep - Rose: A Love Story
16th Sep - 23 Walks
18th Sep - The Owners
19th Sep - SamSam
20th Sep - Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets
21st Sep - High Ground
22nd Sep - Triumph
23rd Sep - Edge of the World
25th Sep - Into the Labyrinth
26th Sep - Little Vampire
27th Sep - Reboot Camp
28th Sep - Cowboys
29th Sep - Senior Moment
30th Sep - Flashback

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
A quick skim of that list of films reveals only one - Minari - that we'd definitely want to watch and one other - End Of Sentence - that we might watch. Mind you I don't recognise the titles of at least 75% of them so what do I know...? :rotfl:

This is why we haven't had Sky Cinema for quite a while!

Last edited:

logiciel

I’ve never heard of any of them!

Plektrum

I think the fairly thin offering of the movie proposition just reflects the paucity of major theatrical releases before things kicked off again in May/June so staking out a couple of Fridays for original acquisitions is really the best strategy they have alongside the few other theatrical titles available to them- Minari is probably the pick of the bunch.

It does seem like they're trying to spread their few high profile titles over the next few months... Sky's Autumn schedule has The Little Things, Judas & The Black Messiah and Mortal Kombat coming out in October & November but even with those and new things like No Sudden Move and Voyagers as well I suspect it will still be thin until the New year unless they pull something big out of the bag for Christmas...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom