What's new on Sky and NOW UK for July 2022 - news discussion

I believe the release date for Spider-Man: No Way Home is 15 July (based on a NOW advert that keeps popping up on Twitter).

The Card Counter is top notch movie............. 9/10

I can’t recall if I’ve already seen S4 of New Amsterdam, but it’s the only thing that appeals to me in July. Sky does have some films that I’m interested in, but they’re only in HD.

Card Counter, King Richard and Cry Macho on my to-do list will just about persuade me to keep the current £4.99 offer ongoing....

Updated 16-Jun-2022:

8th July - How to Please a Woman (new)
21st July - The Thing About Pam (new)
22nd July - Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank (confirmed)
25th July - Scream 2022 (new)
TBC - Day of the Dead S1
TBC - SurrealEstate S1

Last edited:
Paws Of Fury looks like it’s coming on July 22nd -

And maybe not to post up yet but assuming Paramount’s theatricals on P+ are to simultaneously debut day & date with Sky Cinema as suggested its likely that Scream arrives July 25th too.

Paws Of Fury looks like it’s coming on July 22nd -

And maybe not to post up yet but assuming Paramount’s theatricals on P+ are to simultaneously debut day & date with Sky Cinema as suggested its likely that Scream arrives July 25th too.

Hi Plektrum - thanks for the info. Article now updated.

Am I right in thinking paramount in the US already have Lost City. Also judging by the latest Sky Cinema advert we can expect Sing 2 to arrive presumably in August

Am I right in thinking paramount in the US already have Lost City. Also judging by the latest Sky Cinema advert we can expect Sing 2 to arrive presumably in August
Yep - Paramount are doing a 45 day window in the US for their theatrical titles - with the exception of Top Gun which reportedly appears to be getting the full 120 days.

Does seem they’re not taking that approach here in the U.K. with their 2022 release given they‘re promoting Scream for July, Sky promoting Jackass Forever as a summer title and Clifford landing on both on 24th June, 6 months after the theatrical berth… this is only an educated guess and I may be way off the mark but I suspect the shared Pay One window with Sky may be the reason we don’t get such a collapsed window given Paramount are not the sole beneficiary of getting it into homes fast.

Updated 20-Jun-2022:

2nd July - Sundown (new)
2nd July - Who Killed the KLF? (new)
3rd July - Zola (new)
7th July - Killer Siblings S3 (confirmed)
7th July - The Toys That Built the World S1 (new)

There really is absolutely nothing I want to see any more on Sky.
My current NOW Sky Cinema deal for £1 and £2 for Boost is already feeling over-priced! I cannot believe I used to spend £9pm for it on Q.

Updated 21-Jun-2022:

9th Jul - South of Heaven (new)
10th Jul - Die in a Gunfight (new)
16th Jul - How to Deter a Robber (new)
17th Jul - A Mouthful of Air (new)
23rd Jul - Raging Fire (new)
24th Jul - Flag Day (new)
29th Jul - The Card Counter (confirmed)
30th Jul - Cry Macho (confirmed)
31st Jul - Into the Deep (new)

Movie wise it’s a bit hit and miss - though I wasn’t expecting Sky to pick up Sundown… honestly seems like something that would be better over on MUBI but I really like Michel Franco‘s work so far so that’s a nice surprise.

Interesting they haven’t mentioned Scream on the expanded list so it’ll be curious to see if that is streaming on Paramount Plus only or if it just quietly pops up on the 25th in the Sky Cinema library as well (mainly as it might be the only way to see it streaming in 4K HDR).

Last edited:
I can’t recall if I’ve already seen S4 of New Amsterdam, but it’s the only thing that appeals to me in July. Sky does have some films that I’m interested in, but they’re only in HD.
Season 4 of New Amsterdam has not been previously broadcast in the UK.

Ah, good to know. I looked at a trailer online and it looked familiar. Never mind, it’s a good show and I’m looking forward to seeing it.

Updated 30-Jun-2022:

21st Jul - FBI S4 (confirmed)
21st Jul - FBI: Most Wanted S3 (confirmed)
22nd Jul - FBI: International S1 (new)
28th Jul - The Resort S1 (confirmed)
29th Jul - Scream 2022 (Paramount+, confirmed)

Last edited:
Updated 15-Jul-2022:

26th Jul - From S1 (new)
29th Jul - The Resort S1 (confirmed)
30th Jul - SurrealEstate S1 (confirmed)

And looks like we jumped the gun for City on a Hill S3 (now 'Autumn'), Let's Game S2 (removed) and New Amsterdam S4 (now 3rd Aug)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom