What's new on Sky and NOW UK for July 2021

Tristan45

What’s happened to Brassic 3,it’s been due for months now

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
I guess that this means New Amsterdam S3 won't be appearing on Prime Video any time soon then? :rotfl:

Fred Smith

I guess that this means New Amsterdam S3 won't be appearing on Prime Video any time soon then? :rotfl:
What is the connection between Prime and Sky / Now TV?

Plektrum

What is the connection between Prime and Sky / Now TV?
Probably due to Amazon originally picking up and carrying the show for the first two seasons exclusively.

Those two seasons then ended up on Sky Box Sets earlier this year which appeared to suggest Sky may have picked up the first window for the show which is now the case - and though Amazon still carry the first two seasons, the thumbnails on their app now appears to have dropped the ‘Amazon Exclusive’ branding (and it remains to be seen if they get S3 further down the line).

fatdragon1966

Standard Member
I am waiting for the new series of Bulletproof :(😎

giphy.gif

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Hasn’t the first series also aired on More4?
No idea, but I'll check that out just out of curiosity - don't think we have an HD version of that on Freesat? Thanks though! :D

We've already watched the first two seasons on Prime Video so it's a shame the next one will seemingly only be on Now as we're too tight to pay for Boost to get it in HD... :rotfl:

rs101

No idea, but I'll check that out just out of curiosity - don't think we have an HD version of that on Freesat? Thanks though! :D

We've already watched the first two seasons on Prime Video so it's a shame the next one will seemingly only be on Now as we're too tight to pay for Boost to get it in HD... :rotfl:
More4 is HD on Sky and on free to air satellite, but isn't on the Freesat EPG.

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
More4 is HD on Sky and on free to air satellite, but isn't on the Freesat EPG.
Thanks!

We don't have Sky, so that's not an option, and unfortunately I don't think our Freesat box can record "non-Freesat" channels even though we can watch them; I need to double check that though (once I've looked up the tuning info!).

JEFF62

I have noticed that a lot of the Friday night premieres recently are not actually premieres at all. They have all previously premiered on Amazon Prime. Angel Had Fallen, Rambo Last Blood and this month Knives Out and Midway are all former Prime Premieres. Before the pandemic all Sky premieres were indeed premiering on Sky Cinema. So there must be some deal between Prime and Sky.

rs101

They're all premieres on Sky. Same as some content is first shown on Sky, then appears on Netflix or Prime.

Plektrum

I have noticed that a lot of the Friday night premieres recently are not actually premieres at all. They have all previously premiered on Amazon Prime. Angel Had Fallen, Rambo Last Blood and this month Knives Out and Midway are all former Prime Premieres. Before the pandemic all Sky premieres were indeed premiering on Sky Cinema. So there must be some deal between Prime and Sky.
It will have nothing to do with Amazon - those are all Lionsgate movies.

Lionsgate currently have a 'split first pay window deal' for their titles - their films are on Amazon for 6 months and then move to Starzplay for 6 months.

Sky appear to have struck a deal with Lionsgate for the 'Pay 2' window (similar to those pay 2 deals that Netflix and Amazon have for movies that leave Sky after a year or 18 months) most likely to help fill the schedule for the next several months which is bereft of studio product.

(That being said, Barb & Star is a Lionsgate title yet Sky are apparently getting the first pay window - can't say for sure but given it was a direct to PVOD title, it may not have been party to Amazon/Starzplay's existing theatrical/home entertainment output deal).

Andy Bassett

Standard Member
Staff member
Updated 01-Jul-2021:

11th July - Safe Spaces
12th July - Looted
13th July - The Artist's Wife
14th July - Schemers
15th July - Falling
17th July - Words on Bathroom Walls
18th July - Come Away
19th July - Music
20th July - Last Call
21st July - Into the Darkness
22nd July - Hunter Hunter
25th July - Oslo
26th July - Body of Water
27th July - Mope
28th July - We Broke Up
29th July - Archive
31st July - Summerland

Andy Bassett

Standard Member
Staff member
Updated 03-Jul-2021:

Latest air dates
16th July - Manifest S3 moved from 13th July
19th July - In Treatment S4 moved from 26th July
21st July - New Amsterdam S3 confirmed
TBC - Mr. Mayor S1

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-S60A + LG SP8YA soundbar & KEF LS50 Wireless II Reviews: Movie & TV Show News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom