What's new on Sky and NOW UK for April 2022 - news discussion

Updated 31-Mar-2022:

17th Apr - Malawi Wildlife Rescue S2
17th Apr - Ross Kemp: Shipwreck Treasure S1
18th Apr - Monster in the Shadows
19th Apr - The King S1 (confirmed)
20th Apr - The Lady and The Dale

Still no date for Everything Everywhere All at Once ?
Not managed to find confirmation yet and the only realistic date remaining is Saturday 30th April. Probably best steel yourself for it to be bounced to May or June given Sky's seemingly last-minute schedule tinkering.

Still no date for Everything Everywhere All at Once ?

Interestingly they have now removed it from the Sky Community Forum page it first popped up on and on Twitter the Sky Cinema account stated it’s not one of theirs so whether it actually is coming to Sky or not now seems up in the air now.

Updated 06-Apr-2022:

24th Apr - False Positive
28th Apr - Rob & Romesh Vs S4
Everything Everywhere All at Once (removed )

The one film towards the bottom of my Letterboxd watchlist that doesn’t have a sky cinema date yet is “Here Today” guess it won’t arrive to May. Also not sure if it’s been mentioned but how did Sky Cinema end up with Antlers

The one film towards the bottom of my Letterboxd watchlist that doesn’t have a sky cinema date yet is “Here Today” guess it won’t arrive to May. Also not sure if it’s been mentioned but how did Sky Cinema end up with Antlers

According to the list on the Sky forum (where Everything Everywhere… first appeared) Here Today is apparently due to arrive in May.

And in regards to Antlers… it was originally set for a 2020 release before it was re-dated so likely would have normally fell into the same output deal as other 2020 releases like New Mutants and Underwater…. I guess that it was likely earmarked for Sky before it was delayed so probably may have been owed to them (or is a make-good on Disney’s part)… can’t imagine there’s much more to it than that.

It really pee's me off when Sky try to pass off programs made elsewhere in the world, which are perfectly watchable, and have the nerve to claim it's a 'Sky original'.

They did it with that 'Temple' (see Valkyrien) and now they're doing it with 'The Rising' which has already been shown via Walter Presents in the original Hotel Beau Séjour.

Seek out the original, pretty confident it will be superior to Sky's efforts.

“Das Boot” S3 not showing as upcoming (15th April) in TV Guide.
EDIT. May 14th according to Wikipedia.

Last edited:
Updated 14-Apr-2022:

25th Apr - Barry S3 (new)
29th Apr - Devils S2 (confirmed)
Das Boot S3 (removed)

Thank goodness Barry is back, what a show that is.

Updated 18-Apr-2022:

30th Apr - Charming the Hearts of Men (new) - Coffee Wars (TBC; removed)
TBC - Coffee Wars (removed)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom