What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for October 2020 - news discussion

There are several films I'm interested to watch on Sky Cinema next month, which is an improvement on the usual glut of superhero movies.

I'm really keen to watch The Lighthouse.

Despite finding Godard never anything less than interesting, I know little about Jean Seberg. I feel Stewart has become a more interesting and accomplished actor in recent years (see Clouds of Sils Maria, Still Alice, Personal Shopper). That places Seberg on the "to watch" list, too.

Add a series of dramas tackling highly pertinent issues of race, and a reportedly solid updating of a horror classic, and I'm in.

The way things are going we'll all be staying in more over the coming months.

Still no sign of Raised by Wolves. Bizarre. Sky are really asleep at the wheel here.
Could be an exclusivity deal going in in the US where it's not open for international distribution until all episodes have dropped.

It's just a guess but that's what it feels like. Because passing up a Ridley Scott sci fi would REALLY be dumb

Could be an exclusivity deal going in in the US where it's not open for international distribution until all episodes have dropped.

It's just a guess but that's what it feels like. Because passing up a Ridley Scott sci fi would REALLY be dumb

Reminds me of the Disney+ Mandalorian debacle. Kind of annoying, but I have to hope it means it will end up on a good streaming service instead of the pile of streaming sewage that is Now TV.

Still no sign of Raised by Wolves. Bizarre. Sky are really asleep at the wheel here.

Just because it was on HBO Max does not automatically mean it will go to Sky - the show was originally produced for TNT before moving to the HBO Max platform so it may not as a result be part of the Sky output deal (in Germany for instance its being broadcast on WarnerMedia’s TNT Serie channel which is covered by the Sky deal and the same in Spain despite Warnermedia having a D2C HBO service there). That Sky have not even previewed it or even confirmed they will get it is fairly telling,

IF it is being picked up by Sky here, I can also easily imagine it being held to 2021 to fill possible content gaps, give it a box set release and perhaps to keep it out of the way of Brave New World‘s run.

This is the type of rubbish that just needs to stop now to be honest. We're a connected world, no need to have something on that ends up taking months to arrive here to watch. This has happened before with shows and it just leads to piracy then as people seek it out by "other" means. The Disney+ launch as a perfect example was a joke.

I've been looking forward to Wolves and Christ knows how long we'll have to wait. Was hoping it might have been October here.

This is the type of rubbish that just needs to stop now to be honest. We're a connected world, no need to have something on that ends up taking months to arrive here to watch. This has happened before with shows and it just leads to piracy then as people seek it out by "other" means. The Disney+ launch as a perfect example was a joke.

I've been looking forward to Wolves and Christ knows how long we'll have to wait. Was hoping it might have been October here.

It's a little annoying but it's just a TV show and we've never had more content to watch. I won't resort to stealing, especially not for something as irrelevant as this.

It's a little annoying but it's just a TV show and we've never had more content to watch. I won't resort to stealing, especially not for something as irrelevant as this.

Nor will I.

And I appreciate in the grand scheme of things it's inconsequential, especially now. I speak purely in terms of it as an AVForum 1st world problem! :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom