What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for November 2020 - news discussion

Isn't The Outsider just a repeat - pretty certain it was on Sky Atlantic earlier this year - so not exactly 'new'?

Is it 'half-decent picture quality'? Oh... no it isn't. That's me out then. :rotfl:

Saw the Outsider in January felt it was very good Rhythm Section acceptable but overall not the best selection

I'm assuming it'll be the theatrical cut of Doctor Sleep? Still want to watch it, though, as I finished the book recently.

And are they releasing all episodes of Tin Star S3 straight away?

Questions, questions... :)

Is it 'half-decent picture quality'? Oh... no it isn't. That's me out then. :rotfl:

I never quiet understand this, granted it ain't the best, but I have Netflix, Amazon, Sky, Disney+, 4k UHD Player, I can tell you now, some of the sky broadcasts in UHD are the best I've seen.

I never quiet understand this, granted it ain't the best, but I have Netflix, Amazon, Sky, Disney+, 4k UHD Player, I can tell you now, some of the sky broadcasts in UHD are the best I've seen.

Sorry, not talking about Sky broadcasts, talking about NOW TV, where everything is 720p and in stereo. An absolute dinosaur of a service.

Sorry, not talking about Sky broadcasts, talking about NOW TV, where everything is 720p and in stereo. An absolute dinosaur of a service.

Ar fair do's sorry. I've never tried Now TV, I didn't even know that was the case, that is poor.
It just seems every Sky thread has the haters.

I'm a big sports fan, especially Boxing and the UHD image really is stunning.

I recently paid for their Boost package and I honestly don't believe there's that much of an improvement in the PQ. I did a comparison between a channel 4 programme being broadcast presently that for some reason is also on NowTV, "Adult Material" and the Chanel 4 broadcast knocks the spots off the so called "boosted" HD NowTV stream. I shan't be renewing the "boost".

HDR is even better which is where Sky needs to catch up.

Yeah Sky's HDR is very impressive, I'm sure in the next few months we will see more content roll out, well I hope so. Only so much of Lemars you can watch!

The Outsider is amazing.
The Vow is an eye opener and recently in the media.
Trackers the weakest of the three. It's OK. Not brilliant.
The Good Lord Bird, I'm 4 episodes in. Ethan Hawke gets my vote for performance of the year so far. On par with Jared Harris in Chernobyl.... He is totally crazy as John Brown....

Enjoy.

Apparently the new Now TV box/dongle does 1080p 4K. Don't know about the audio.
Getting one may be tricky though....

Edited to add, that live TV is still limited to 720p though.

Last edited:
Sure. My ATV also ‘does 4K’ but NOW TV streams in 720p and there’s nothing it can do about that. Lol.

Reckon we’ll have 4K content on NOW TV just in time before our sun explodes.

Apparently the new Now TV box/dongle does 1080p 4K. Don't know about the audio.
Getting one may be tricky though....

Edited to add, that live TV is still limited to 720p though.
It's a box capable of 4k, which means that the BBC iPlayer UHD programmes (of which there are 4 series available now) and all the Netflix 4k programmes are all playable on this box. The max output from NOWtv is 1080 if you pay for the boost package @£3/month extra.

Article updated 09-Nov-2020:

1/ Trickster (Syfy) confirmed 23rd Nov
2/ Tin Star: Liverpool confirmed 10th Dec
3/ The Outsider: No confirmation it will reappear as a Boxset as yet.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom